Chain Challenge - Daily Check In 7/2/09

Options
For any new members, just answer the following questions. I will keep track of who stayed on program the previous day (question 1). Then add a link to your chain. For every week (Mon-Sun, this week will be Wed-Sun) that you have a solid chain, you get a star. But if you go off track, you start over. This is on the honor system. The goal is to get through the month, forming good habits everyday.

Did you stay within your nutritional goals?
Yes, but only cuz I earned 668 calories in exercise yesterday. I had my mom, sister & aunt over to watch a movie and everybody brought food. And I pigged out. I prepared well for it during the day by not eating many snacks and working out so hard. But I still wish I had some control when I am with them. My family is a total trigger for me. Its not their fault, they don't shove food down my throat. It's just how its always been with them...eat (junk) til you're stuffed! I need to find a way to control it. I know it may sound mean, but maybe I can just remind myself how much I don't want to be like them - obese, unhealthy, diabetic, with high blood pressure and joint problems.

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal?
Yes

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of?
Rode my bike 12 miles in under an hour. For me that is an accomplishment! What a great workout.

What would I have done differently?
Although I stayed within my calories, I would have liked to felt more in control when eating with my family.

What is today's personal goals? Stay within my calories.

Replies

• Nlongenecker
    Nlongenecker Posts: 765
    Options
    Chains Results

nlongenecker: <
    fitgal411: <
    lulabellewoowoo: <
    kimiquious:
    buffjess:
    naugustyniak:
    freezeframe: <
    goldk:
    AZWildcatnNC:
    lstpaul:
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    I am leaving for Cedar Point tonight and will be back on Saturday night. Does someone want to take over for a couple of days?

I am kind of nervous about the weekend. I know I will have a hard time. We are going to Cedar Point tomorrow and then the Toledo Zoo on Saturday. I don't think I will get any "workout" in, but I will be walking all day both days. How would you count that? I do think we are going to pack our lunch when we go to the park tomorrow, so that will be helpful.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Yup. WOOHOO. Granted, i kind of splurged on Circus Peanuts a little bit (a genius mind made those things), but exercised like crazy yesterday, so it was all good...and I do mean GOOD.

Yes

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of?
    Added another minute on my new running trend (now up to 10 minutes of running an 8 min mile) and 15 more seconds on the stairmaster (up to 5:30)

Maybe have not bought the Circus Peanuts under the ruse that it was for the kids.

What is today's personal goals?
    Stay within my calories, keep adding time to my exercise regimen.

Chain: <
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes! My challenge was to eat no junk food at all yesterday, and I did!:bigsmile:

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes . . .my goal was to log all of my food and exercise on this site.

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Exercise for an hour and a half (not all at once, though).

What would I have done differently? I would have ate all my exercise calories.

What is today's personal goals? Don't eat when I'm bored . . . only eat when I'm actually hungry. Log all of my exercises and food.
  • Nlongenecker
    Options

Chain: <> (Here's the scary thing. Always crash on day three. But I'm determined today, even with dinner at a friend's house tonight)

Just wanted to let you know...yesterday was the official 1st day of this challenge (for July). But its still awesome that you have two days of success. You can make it past 3, I have faith in you. Just stay determined!
  • freezeframe
    freezeframe Posts: 184
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes

What would I have done differently? Eaten a little less peanut butter

What did I do that I am proud of? Ate really well, even though it was Canada day and I was at the cottage with my family

What is today's personal goal? Eat all my exercise calories.
  • AZWildcatnNC
    AZWildcatnNC Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Yes :bigsmile:

Yup; I logged in my food, drank 9 cups of water, and I exercised for 45 minutes

Took my kids for a walk instead of camping in front of the TV after dinner.

What did I do that I am proud of?
    Stayed within my calories and didn't go for the mint chip ice cream in the freezer - need to throw that temptation out (or let the kids have it :noway: )

What is today's personal goal?
    Find a way with my schedule to fit in 45 minutes of cardio today and eat a healthy lunch since I didn't bring my lunch with me to work...
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Ran C25K and stayed within calories.

What would I have done differently? Nothing.

What is today's personal goals? Stay within my calories and ride my bike (if it doesn't rain)

Nicole, I don't need chains, I just like the daily part. (one less person to keep track of :wink: )
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? No. Under on calories and carbs/Over fat and protein

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes/No I had a great workout but over did it on the calories

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? I swam one mile and treaded water for 30 minutes

What would I have done differently? Not eat the KFC snacker after swimming

What is today's personal goals? Stay within my calories.

Good luck everyone!!! Stay strong :bigsmile:

228075.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I am leaving for Cedar Point tonight and will be back on Saturday night. Does someone want to take over for a couple of days?

I am kind of nervous about the weekend. I know I will have a hard time. We are going to Cedar Point tomorrow and then the Toledo Zoo on Saturday. I don't think I will get any "workout" in, but I will be walking all day both days. How would you count that? I do think we are going to pack our lunch when we go to the park tomorrow, so that will be helpful.

I am leaving tomorrow for Indy and I am not even gonna try and keep track of things (I will watch it but not keep track). Going to a pool party Saturday so I am nervous about that (gotta find my swimsuite) I do intend to exercise though.
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I will take care of the Chain Challenge Daily Check In for a couple of days. Maybe by the time you come back I will be on track :smile: Have a great time!
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    I will take care of the Chain Challenge Daily Check In for a couple of days. Maybe by the time you come back I will be on track :smile: Have a great time!

Thanks a lot. I hope I can come back and say I stayed on track!
  • steph54
    steph54 Posts: 28
    Options
    I am not very familiar with message boards or chains, so I don't know if my post for today was correct. I just did a reply to your post for July 5th and answered the questions. Was that correct? If not, let me know. Thanks