Zumba anyone?

ashlimy
ashlimy Posts: 10 Member
I took my first class last week and loved it! I looked like an idiot but I really liked it. I'm trying to learn the moves at home but the videos/games are expensive and there are none on the internet. Guess I'll keep going back though....it's a great burn! How long did it take everyone else to get the moves down?

Replies

• 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 374 Member
    Zumba is a lot of fun and you burn a lot of calories . I have been taking Zumba Gold (great for beginners, those with injuries & seniors) for it's slower paced. Easier to learn the steps & routines. Just started going to original Zumba got to watch my knees for instructor loves to do a lot of turns and quick moves so may go back to Zumba gold. Keep up the classes they say it takes about 4-6 times to learn the routines which I found true. Check out zumba.com for classes in your area including toning, & aqua zumba aka water aerobics. zumbacalories,com for calories burn & zumbacommunity for events,meetup.com has zumba classes & events. on internet look up zumba many free routine.
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 374 Member
    An after thought, check zumba routines on the internet & utube has a lot also. Enjoy & have fun. Find a .friend who may split the cost of dvds & support each other in your weight loss
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    It takes at least 3 classes before you get the hang of the routines, but it's worth it!!! I am in love with Zumba, it has helped me lose a lot of weight and I love the people I have met! I would much rather do it with a big group than a DVD at home!!! Keep on going!!!!!:wink:
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    It took me 3-4 classes to get the moves down, depending on how complicated the song was. I really enjoy it now and I burn a lot of calories.
  • TerraLea
    TerraLea Posts: 87 Member
    You tube has many Zumba videos & some instructional videos. I love my WiiZumba, it is a blast!!!!!