Recipes/Snack Ideas- high protein

Options
I recently started at the gym and was given a task of increasing my protein. 30 g each breakfast, lunch and dinner with two snacks a day at 15 g each. I do really well on workdays where I can have just what I need at the office - no other tempatations or children constantly wanting to "have some too". (plus I am getting a little tired of eggs) But at home on the weekends is where I have the trouble consuming the amount of protein requested by my trainer.

If anyone has any recipes, or snack ideas they can share that are high in protein I would be very grateful! (especially breakfast!)

Replies

• kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I would like to.see answers to this too. I cant eat eggs, dairy or peanuts so it makes it hard to fine easy snacks with protein
  • neverendingnights
    Options
    I eat a lot of eggs and black beans for protein, but I could use some more ideas as well.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. If I'm low on protein I go for Greek Yogurt. With 23 grams of protein and only 130-140 calories, its spot on!
  • hpsaucette
    hpsaucette Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Try having a search for protein recipes or something similar

My faves are dried meats - deli or hams - bresola is my weakness, tuna with vinegar and smushed up eggs, fishcakes - blended vegetables and any fish then quickly fried. Pancakes with fromage frais and oats.

Good luck!
  • TanyaCurtis
    TanyaCurtis Posts: 630
    Options
    GREEK YOGURT!!!!! Cottage cheese
  • Melissamsnyder
    Options
    The 100 calorie packs of almonds are great!
  • missprincessjenny
    missprincessjenny Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, protein power. I also make my own protein bars and freeze them. My diary is open if you want to check it out for ideas.