Co-workers friends vs social friends.

Options
Has anyone noticed that co-workers notice your hard work and success before your social friends and family?

Replies

• donnamorad
    donnamorad Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    They sure do! I have lost 20 lbs and it's def something you can notice and not even my best friend has complimented me. Haters I say! LOL!
  • donnamorad
    donnamorad Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I meant to say she has NOT complemented me. OOPS!
  • Salasel
    Salasel Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That does not supprise me. I spend alot more hours at the office then I do with my friends or familly.
  • ArtemisMoon
    ArtemisMoon Posts: 144
    Options
    My family notices more quickly than my coworkers if I GAIN weight! lol Maybe it is just because they don't feel nearly as reserved about accusing you of it. My mother did that the other day...in front of a guy we barely knew, no less....
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Hm, I would think that it's because your co-workers see you in the same type of clothing, usually (whatever your work clothing may consist of), and so when you compare the same clothes in a few weeks with 15 lbs gone, it makes a difference.
    On the other hand, your family and friends see you in all types of clothes, all the time, so they know from the experience of seeing you in different clothing that some days you look slimmer and some not-so-much, just because your different clothes fit differently.
    So, I suppose they just assume you're having a looking-slim day in some clothes.

Also, I would guess that your family and friends see you all the time, and so it's hard to tell the gradual difference when you see someone every day, than when you don't. Besides, your coworkers see you, but they don't really look, because they're busy getting work done, so one day, they actually take a good look and realize you're slimmer than they remember last time they took a good look. On the other hand, your family looks at you because when they're around you, they're spending chat-time and fun-time enjoying your company and are not preoccupied with getting work done.

Or maybe I'm thinking too hard.
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Ummm.. def. not. My co-worker is an incredibly thin, incredibly fit "I used to be a fitness instructor and I know EVERYTHING type"
    Ugh.. I hide my meals and weight loss journey from her.. or I'd never hear the end of it. Yeah, it's fun.. not!