An update! And a personal challenge.

Options
Well; after being gone for awhile, I've decided to update everyone. Though most of you probably don't know me from the boards all that much, I figure that any significant loss is motivational for those who are just starting the journey. :)

My name is Erin; I began the journey to weight loss in March of this year after stumbing upon MFP on a Google search. I figured that tracking calories was the way to go, since one of my big issues was eating too many. I was 262 pounds back then; and the thought of hitting 300 just frightened me to no end. I HAD to do something about it.

So; I put a personal goal into mind. Joining the military. A way to improve myself in both mind and body. In order to do that though; the weight has to go. By keeping this thought in mind, I've lost steadily over the months and am now down to 218 pounds! :wink:

It can be done. And just by the compliments I get now... I can't bear to stop losing anytime soon. Unfortunately, progress had slown down after quitting MFP for awhile. But I'm back now; and I won't leave til I'm 120 pounds! You're all stuck with me. Haha :laugh:

Replies

• freezeframe
    freezeframe Posts: 184
    Options
    Congrats on your amazing progress!!! You go girl, and what great inspiration for us all. You are proof that we can accomplish anything that we really want.

Keep up the great work.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, good luck on your journey!

BTW, what branch are you going into?
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Well; after being gone for awhile, I've decided to update everyone. Though most of you probably don't know me from the boards all that much, I figure that any significant loss is motivational for those who are just starting the journey. :)

My name is Erin; I began the journey to weight loss in March of this year after stumbing upon MFP on a Google search. I figured that tracking calories was the way to go, since one of my big issues was eating too many. I was 262 pounds back then; and the thought of hitting 300 just frightened me to no end. I HAD to do something about it.

So; I put a personal goal into mind. Joining the military. A way to improve myself in both mind and body. In order to do that though; the weight has to go. By keeping this thought in mind, I've lost steadily over the months and am now down to 218 pounds! :wink:

It can be done. And just by the compliments I get now... I can't bear to stop losing anytime soon. Unfortunately, progress had slown down after quitting MFP for awhile. But I'm back now; and I won't leave til I'm 120 pounds! You're all stuck with me. Haha :laugh:

Congratulations on all the weight you've lost so far! :flowerforyou:
    Sounds like you've definitely got the right attitude to continue too! You go girl! :smile:
  • Shadowpaws
    Shadowpaws Posts: 109
    Options
    Congratulations, good luck on your journey!

BTW, what branch are you going into?

Air Force.... following in my dad's footsteps since my brother's probably going to be a football star instead. lol