one year on MFP (pic heavy)

Options
misssmiles
misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
Hello All!
This is the story of my journey.

fatjenna.jpg
195lbs April 30, 2010 size 18 pants

I had just moved in with my boyfriend a month away from graduating from college and I was happy.

On Halloween 2010 I was walking through Wal-Mart and I casually glanced at a book called “Eat This Not That.” This book opened my eyes to how many calories I was consuming in a single day and how this was making me unhealthy. I bought the book and began to change my thinking about food and my body. I downloaded the MFP app and started logging my food.

extrafatjenna.jpg
Halloween 2010

In January 2011 I was in a friend’s wedding. I was at about 180lbs. I was feeling great! After seeing the pictures from the wedding I decided I needed to start working out.

jennatylerschemppwedding.jpg

At first I could only do about 20min on the elliptical. As my body got accustomed to being used I started walking on the treadmill. Eventually I decided I would try jogging. I got my first runner’s high! I was hooked. I was only running at 5mph but I was running!

jennatyleratbrits.jpg
April 30, 2011 170lbs size 14 pants

In July I changed my hair to match the new me and to celebrate winning the weight loss challenge at my gym!!

newhair.jpg
155lbs size 10 pants

In August, after winning the challenge, I hit a plateau. I started working out with a trainer and devoted myself, again, to eating right. My body just wouldn’t budge. I was happy with my body and the progress I had made so I stuck with it, knowing eventually things would start changing again.

tylerjennahalloween.jpg
Halloween 2011

In December I got engaged! (my ring size went down 1.5 sizes!!)

bling.jpg

This gave me something else to concentrate on instead of my plateau. The weight started coming off again!

sweetlookonfence.jpg

forwardwalkingandsmiling.jpg

My current weight is 143 with a final goal of 135. I am currently stuck again. I think all of the wedding stress is getting to me! (July 7th wedding date) I have changed trainers and am working on setting fitness goals instead of weight loss goals. I will be the first to admit that I have not been perfect on this journey. I still enjoy a burger and a beer almost once a week but I also understand that I am NOT on a diet. I made a life change and in order to stick to that change I can’t have any food off limits!

My advice for everyone starting out is that you need to love yourself first. You also need to do this for yourself. If you want to lose weight for anyone else it will not work. Don’t get discouraged after a bad day… it is just one day of the rest of your life. Use MFP and add friends! I am always open for new friends. I just ask that you write a message when you request friendship.

jennatylerjoeblacks.jpg
143lbs. size 8 skinny jeans!!

Replies

• lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    wow you look gorgeous!!
  • mxmandani
    mxmandani Posts: 109
    Options
    Congratulations and keep it up
  • Claysmommy08
    Options
    WOW you look great! You have motivated me! =)
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, Jenna, and you are such a wonderful inspiration to your friends on here!
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Thanks for the motivation and inspiration.
  • bethb03
    bethb03 Posts: 96
    Options
    Amazing! Love the story of your success :)
  • caroliiine86
    Options
    wow good job :) you are beautiful !
  • 21Pontoon
    21Pontoon Posts: 46
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look amazing, and your hair is fab! x
  • llm1607
    llm1607 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous! Well done xx
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I loved reading about your journey!You look amazing; so happy and much younger now! Congrats on your sucess and your upcoming wedding. BTW, your ring is gorgeous!
  • kori333
    kori333 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Loved reading your story. You look beautiful! Thanks for sharing what perseverence can accomplish! Good luck with the wedding!
  • TLMonroe
    TLMonroe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You are doing GREAT!!! I would like to wish you the best on your upcoming wedding!
  • priyasoni7684
    priyasoni7684 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Amazing journey ....U look fabulous .....
  • Asces
    Asces Posts: 182
    Options
    You look amazing and it looks like you have a man that really loves you. You seem so happy. Well done :D
  • karapcooper
    Options
    You look incredible! What an inspiration! I love love love stories like this. I have only recently started and measuring in kilos (downunder that's what we do) but seeing your before and after shots show it can be done. I'm finding MFP completely easy to use and having girlfriends on the same journey does encourage. I like what you said about beer and chips. I think that is the key. If it's a 'diet' and no fun then we'd all fall off the wagon. My exercise is completely shredding, chopping, down and rearranging the garden of our new house. It was very much a secret garden and we are trying to let more light in as we live up high in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney. I love it each day - a great challenge. I'm having a glass of wine a night but wondering if I get rid of this then the weight loss might be better? Hmmm. Love to be friends! K :smile:
  • CampKelly
    CampKelly Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You look like a different person. So excited for you...what a beautiful bride you'll be. Thanks for sharing and for all of the great advice. Just what I needed today :)
  • Cravenamanda
    Cravenamanda Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Amazing story, you are going to look fantastic on your wedding day:)
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Nice! And you look about 10-12 yrs younger!! Congrats...and congrats on the coming wedding!
  • emmabrackpool
    emmabrackpool Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    you look AMAZING!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!