My 1st NSV -please, don't laugh!

Options
I'm old and fat. It has been a while since I could cut my own toenails without a big struggle. But today I did! Eleven weeks on MFP and 9 lbs lost (a lot off my belly) and I was able to bend over and reach my toes. *red in the face & embarrassed* It's a biggie to me.

Replies

• cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I think it's important to get excited about little things like that! So here's to be able to paint your toe nails next time :drinker:
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    keep up the good work.
  • BabeedollB
    BabeedollB Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    WTG!!!
  • beckijay29
    beckijay29 Posts: 16
    Options
    Well done, that's great news :)
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    thats a great NSV!!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I agree with cannonsky. I was thrilled when it became easier to paint my toenails/shave my legs/tie my shoes/etc... :)
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    Awesome NSV!!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    One of my first NSVs was being able to tie my shoes without holding my breath, so I totally understand! Awesome job, and keep up the good work!!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Hey, I've been there. I had a miserable time cutting my toenails when I first started... I won't say it is super easy now but it is much more doable... I used to wear velcro shoes simply because they were easier to fasten and I did not get out of breath tying them... Now I wear mostly laces (though I still like velcro shoes.. just don't own any right now)... Congrats... Really this IS a biggie.
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    That's when I knew it was time to do something; when I stopped breathing while I bent over to tie my shoes, paint my toenails etc. It's the little things like that that I notice and smile. Not many people would understand the little victories.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Fantastic - i know what you mean ( it was one of my wake up calls). well done on the hard work.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    My mom is in that same kind of place, so I can sort of relate. Congratulations and here's to many more NSVs, both small and big! :drinker:
  • casslynn298
    casslynn298 Posts: 13
    Options
    That is great! I have to celebrate every little change in my body. It keeps me motivated. Be proud of yourself!
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    One of my first NSVs was being able to tie my shoes without holding my breath, so I totally understand! Awesome job, and keep up the good work!!

same here!
  • hadesflame
    hadesflame Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It's a great feeling when you can do something like that again! I would never laugh at something like that. Keep up the great work!! :bigsmile:
  • ImaKnitter67
    Options
    I never expected so many great messages of support! Thank you all. I cried for happy. BTW, I'm 67, 5 ft. nuthin' and currently 159.
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Ive been there, and even now when i finish spin class and everyone else bends down to stretch there hamstrings i still cant reach the floor but im getting there but i have had a NSV past couple of days ......after class i use the steam room and lift my leg up on the bench and try and reach with my hand towards my ankle past couple of days ive been able to reach my big toe

Keep at it and well done !!!!!!
  • newgrandma2011
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Way to go !!!!!!!!!! That is really great !!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sbb7249
    sbb7249 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Great job! Every accomplishment is worth celebrating!
  • Nickiii_123
    Nickiii_123 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding? That's a GREAT NSV! Good job and keep up the good work :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!