Whole 30

Options
Does anyone want to do the whole 30 diet with me in June!??? Im psyching myself up for it. But Im nervous and would be better off with company :) Has anyone done it before? I have auto immune issues and Im hoping this will detox me and getting my skin issues straightened out. Any meal plans , tips recipes would be awesome!!! Anyone have success with this? Im not in it to ose weight just the auto immune issues so success stories would be great too

Replies

• teenasbody
    teenasbody Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    What is the Whole 30 diet?
  • mommyblessed7
    mommyblessed7 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    http://whole9life.com/category/whole-30/

This is the main webpage. There are some articles explaining it ..they do it better than I ! but no sugar , artificial sweeteners , processed foods , mostly lean meats ans veg, fruits.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I could never do it. :smile:

Do not eat legumes. This includes beans of all kinds (black, red, pinto, navy, white, kidney, lima, fava, etc.), peas, chickpeas, lentils, and peanuts. No peanut butter, either. This also includes all forms of soy – soy sauce, miso, tofu, tempeh, edamame, and all the ways we sneak soy into foods (like lecithin).
    Do not eat dairy. This includes cow, goat or sheep’s milk products such as cream, cheese (hard or soft), kefir, yogurt (even Greek), and sour cream… with the exception of clarified butter or ghee. (See below for details.)
    There are other "do not eats" on there, but those are the two I could not live without. Especially the legumes.
    Good luck! What's your goal for this kind of "elimination" diet?
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Join the Paleo group my friend, lots of supportive people who've been doing this a long time.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/54-primal-paleo-support-group
  • mommyblessed7
    Options
    my goal is to calm my immune system. I was diagnosed with Psoriasis and Vitiligo this past week and I have some allergies Id really like to avoid any medication if possible.

Thanks Ill join the group!
  • mommyblessed7
    Options
    ok how do i join the group lol
  • mommyblessed7
    Options
    nevermind got it :)