Holiday Weekend

Options
AwMyLoLo
AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
So, here it comes, another holiday weekend. A time to celebrate with friends and family. And what comes along with celebration? FOOD AND DRINKS! :drinker: :devil:

We will be at my Fiance's mom's house. She is a GREAT hostess and cook, and the whole family likes to drink! One thing I am going to try to do is hop on her elliptical for a half hour on Friday and Saturday to take the edge off of those extra calories I know I won't be able to avoid. I will eat chicken instead of ribs, I will eat lots of salad instead of pasta salad, I won't go crazy for dessert.

Please share how you all plan to handle the festivities this weekend! :drinker: :smokin: :happy:

Replies

• Adele
    Adele Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I needed this! Everytime I am doing well a Holiday comes around! I am going to work out Friday, Saturday and Sunday...I am going to eat before I go to cookouts - I am going to refrain from drinking (this causes me to overeat). I am staying on the right path this weekend!

:smile: :wink:
  • carriedkline
    carriedkline Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Holidays are fun, but not for my wasteline. I am going to try and cut back on the fried foods and limit my desserts. I LOVE dessert!! Maybe I will try to get a workout in so I don't feel so bad.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend!:bigsmile:
  • shannahrenee
    shannahrenee Posts: 380
    Options
    Thank you, I needed this! Everytime I am doing well a Holiday comes around! I am going to work out Friday, Saturday and Sunday...I am going to eat before I go to cookouts - I am going to refrain from drinking (this causes me to overeat). I am staying on the right path this weekend!

LOVE the profile picture!!!
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    My husband and I are taking my mother in law and the two little ones to the zoo and the museum on a mini vacation this weekend so I plan to be on my feet walking most of those days.

I amazed myself when I was booking the hotel, though. Never before have I been concerned whether or not the hotel had a fitness center lol. Now that's become one of my "must have" amenities!

I plan on eating but I'm going to try and stick to healthy choices. Other than that...we'll be eating out for the duration that we're on vacation so I'm hoping that between the walking all day and chasing kids, plus what exercise I can get at the hotel, I can keep the damage to a minimum. I do plan on carrying some healthy snacks in my purse and diaper bag so that my family can eat some good things rather than crap all day long.

Holidays are great!!! Hope everyone has a nice one!!!
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options

Oh yeah, drinking beer makes me want to eat, eat, eat! I am going to drink SLOOOW and drink water inbetween beers.
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    My husband and I are taking my mother in law and the two little ones to the zoo and the museum on a mini vacation this weekend so I plan to be on my feet walking most of those days.

I amazed myself when I was booking the hotel, though. Never before have I been concerned whether or not the hotel had a fitness center lol. Now that's become one of my "must have" amenities!

I plan on eating but I'm going to try and stick to healthy choices. Other than that...we'll be eating out for the duration that we're on vacation so I'm hoping that between the walking all day and chasing kids, plus what exercise I can get at the hotel, I can keep the damage to a minimum. I do plan on carrying some healthy snacks in my purse and diaper bag so that my family can eat some good things rather than crap all day long.

Holidays are great!!! Hope everyone has a nice one!!!

That sounds great! You should be able to stay right on track, good job! Have a great time!:bigsmile:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    We're having a huge cookout at my in-laws...I know i'll be eating grilled veggies and fish. My only issue is that my sis-in-law is a wonderful baker...so there is sure to be something very tasty yet very fattening. I plan on drinking a vodka tonic instead of a beer.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i totally failed on canada day...get in lots of exercise BEFORE and After...like way afterrrrr. i couldn't exercise right after cause i was so hungover.
  • Adele
    Adele Posts: 159 Member
    Options

LOVE the profile picture!!!

You must be a Twilighter!! Cannot wait for November for New Moon!! :love: