What are you having for dinner?

Options

Replies

• kelsey054
    kelsey054 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Elk, huh? Adventurous!

I'm thinking of either Cooking Light's baked fish sticks (cod dipped in fat free milk and crushed rice krispies with seasoning) and eggplant OR grilling kabobs. Gorgeous, warm, and sunny, so I'd hate to be cooking with the oven.

It was a terrible debate between Elk meat and Deer meat. (Elk won because I had more of it left.)
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    The hubby is making Venison Burgers on the grill....hold off thunderstorms!

We had venison streaks last night with friends. Fantastic!
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    It sounds like popcorn shrimp, salad, and potato wedges are what's going to be fixed here.
  • kelsey054
    Options
    Had 2 toasts, one with jam other with peanut butter. There is SNICKERS staring at me!! lolz
    I thought I was the only one that had candy staring and talking to me...

"Hey mom, I'm not crazy after all!!!!"
  • dmchiz
    dmchiz Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'm using Elk meat to make spaghetti, garlic bread and a Roman salad.

What are you having? Or wish you were having?

Yum...Elk spaghetti!! I have to settle for venison! dang
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    Home made cheddar, potato and onion stuffed perogies, with a fresh garden salad. Sour cream (no-fat) on the side.
  • choirgirl1130
    choirgirl1130 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    singapore noodles out of the new issue of clean eating :0)
  • kelsey054
    Options
    The hubby is making Venison Burgers on the grill....hold off thunderstorms!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Elk, huh? Adventurous!

I'm thinking of either Cooking Light's baked fish sticks (cod dipped in fat free milk and crushed rice krispies with seasoning) and eggplant OR grilling kabobs. Gorgeous, warm, and sunny, so I'd hate to be cooking with the oven.

It was a terrible debate between Elk meat and Deer meat. (Elk won because I had more of it left.)

I can't say I'm a huge fan of either (too gamey for me) but I do think either of those would go great in one of my favorite beef recipes from Cooking Light:

Vegetable Beef Pot Pie! http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/beef-vegetable-potpie-10000001536670/
  • kelsey054
    Options
    It sounds like popcorn shrimp, salad, and potato wedges are what's going to be fixed here.

I had popcorn shrimp last night. (:
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Home made cheddar, potato and onion stuffed perogies, with a fresh garden salad. Sour cream (no-fat) on the side.

That sounds so good! Are those time consuming to make?
  • kelsey054
    Options
    Elk, huh? Adventurous!

I can't say I'm a huge fan of either (too gamey for me) but I do think either of those would go great in one of my favorite beef recipes from Cooking Light:

Vegetable Beef Pot Pie! http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/beef-vegetable-potpie-10000001536670/

Yummy! I love pot pies.
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    We had fajitas (spicy chicken, lettuce, tomato, green pepper and onion) and sweet potato wedges.
    I had enough cals left over to treat myself to a small slice of apple pie as well. I ran 2k today so I figure I kinda earned it!
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options

We are having our Cinco de Mayo get together tonight (I know, a day late, but my brother in law had to go to the ER last night...) so we will have tacos and quesadillas. Gonna opt for low fat sour cream and salsa for my tacos.

On a funny note about the elk. One time we stopped at Fuddruckers and my 14 year old had an elk burger. On our way home he got the worst case of gas EVER!! We had a van at the time, and literally had to pull off the road to open the doors because he was so bad. No more elk for him!!!
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    baked pork chops, zucchini 'chips', and corn on the cob. mmm

last night was spicy southwestern tilapia and garlic green beans.
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    My husband is grilling ribeye steaks and we are having grilled yellow squash, and french style green beans.
  • kelsey054
    Options
    We had fajitas (spicy chicken, lettuce, tomato, green pepper and onion) and sweet potato wedges.
    I had enough cals left over to treat myself to a small slice of apple pie as well. I ran 2k today so I figure I kinda earned it!

You definetly did earn it! (:
    Good job.
  • Sarena3
    Sarena3 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Grilled wild salmon filet, small potato fried in olive oil, broccoli steamed in chicken broth with minced garlic. Vitalicious chocolate muffin w/ chopped walnut and cranberry added to mix for dessert.
  • kelsey054
    Options

We are having our Cinco de Mayo get together tonight (I know, a day late, but my brother in law had to go to the ER last night...) so we will have tacos and quesadillas. Gonna opt for low fat sour cream and salsa for my tacos.

On a funny note about the elk. One time we stopped at Fuddruckers and my 14 year old had an elk burger. On our way home he got the worst case of gas EVER!! We had a van at the time, and literally had to pull off the road to open the doors because he was so bad. No more elk for him!!!

Oh my I hope your BIL is alright!

Poor little man, I bet his *kitten* was burning bad that night! ;) haha
  • RachFace1000
    RachFace1000 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Ham, homemade potato salad, homemade italian pasta salad, and fruit (: