Is p90x ok for a self professed noob?

Options
terraskye
terraskye Posts: 370 Member
I do workout but its walking with short burst of running. I really want to get a fitness dvd set and I"m very close to ordering the Turbo Jam set but then I saw the p90x at my pharmacy yesterday and am wondering if that is a better program or is it maybe too "advanced" for me right now ....such a silly noob question but I thought I'd ask anyways:)

TIA

Fi

Replies

• jeffwalsh
    jeffwalsh Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to send you this link. You be the judge :P haha. I'm starting p90x tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCZG92BKGdU
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I'm out of shape... and the only workout videos I've ever done were Biggest Loser last chance workouts. lol ... But I am on week 2 of P90X. It isn't THAT hard to keep up with. I feel amazing doing it. And I just do the best I can and really put forth 100% effort. I love it. Plus, the longer you do it, the stronger you will become, and the easier it will be to keep up. Just like with anything else. :) Give it a try!
  • terraskye
    Options
    Thank you both for your replies ...So would you pick P90x over Turbo Jam? I can only get one set so I want to get the best one lol :)
  • chriswatson06
    Options
    They are both nice workouts, turbojam is a good beginner type program but P90X can be used for beginners too. I personally would reccomend P90X because it has both strength training and cardio in it. You will burn more fat if you have strength training in your diet rather than just cardio (like turbojam).
  • terraskye
    Options
    They are both nice workouts, turbojam is a good beginner type program but P90X can be used for beginners too. I personally would reccomend P90X because it has both strength training and cardio in it. You will burn more fat if you have strength training in your diet rather than just cardio (like turbojam).

thanks...are there a lot of props I'd need right away for P90X? Would i need them all straightaway or can I get as needed( or afford)?
  • jeffwalsh
    jeffwalsh Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm not 100% sure what even comes with box as got my DVDs off a friend and already had resistance bands, etc. However, I know they tell you things you can sub for say yoga blocks, etc.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Sure go for it. You can modify pretty much all the exercises (or use as light of weights as you need to) so I don't see why a beginner couldn't do it.