I need help with my goal

leighoconnell
leighoconnell Posts: 217
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I set a goal for myself to weigh under 200 lbs by the end of July. (I am aiming for 199 lbs). That means I have 14.5 lbs left to go. I've already lost 9 lbs. However it seems I have hit a plateau. Any ideas how I can continue losing weight and reach my goal in a healthy way? I am very strick about only eating 1200 calories a day since I can not work out thanks to an injury (for which i go into surgery for soon, another reason I want to loose weight).

Replies

• shannahrenee
    shannahrenee Posts: 380
    I find that if I vary my calories even just slightly from day to day it keeps me from hitting a plateau. For example eat 1200 one day 1400 the next and so on. My theory is that it keeps my metabolism from getting used to a set number of calories.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    if you've been strictly eating 1200 calories since the day you started, maybe you should try "shocking" you system with a day with high-intake.

Not a day where you can eat whatever you want but maybe just one day where you eat maintenance. This can confuse your body and start up your weight loss again.

As for exercise, i don't know the nature of your injury but i'm always recommending walking and water aerobics for those that are unable to do most exercises.

best of luck to you
    :heart: aisha
  • Not a day where you can eat whatever you want but maybe just one day where you eat maintenance. This can confuse your body and start up your weight loss again.

What exactly is a maintenance day? What should I do?
This discussion has been closed.