6 oz chicken breast

Options
AwMyLoLo
AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
Someone please help me! I have looked at several different entries for 6 oz grilled chicken breast. The values range from 180 calories to 400! Can someone give me a good idea of how many calories are ACTUALLY in 6 ounces of grilled boneless skinless chicken breast!?

And another question while I'm at it... how do you estimate for pizza? We get a large pepperoni and cheese from a local pizza place. It's not thin crust, it's not thick crust, and they cut it in squares. lol :smile:

Replies

• girlygirl82
    girlygirl82 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! The frozen chicken breasts that I use at home are 6 oz and the calorie count on those are 165. I hope that helps!! :smile:

As for the pizza.... uggh, I have no idea what to tell you for that other than to try and find an average from the database. And who knows, maybe your local joint can give you some nutritional information if you give them a call? Never hurts to try...

Have a good 4th of July weekend!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Calories in Chicken Parts
    Different chicken parts result in different calories. When listing the calories in chicken parts you need to decide whether you are going to have them with the skin or not. It makes a big difference!

The following numbers are for 3.5 oz (100 gr) raw chicken (broilers or fryers):

110 calories in chicken breast, 170 calories with skin
    119 calories in chicken drumstick, 161 calories with skin
    119 calories in chicken thigh, 211 calories with skin
    120 calories in chickn leg, 187 calories with skin
    124 calories in chicken giblet
    125 calories in chicken dark meatn, 237 calories with skin
    126 calories in chicken wing, 237 with skin
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Assume 30 calories per ounce of boneless skinless chicken breast. The other ones might be user input including what they cooked the chicken in (oil, butter, etc..)
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! The frozen chicken breasts that I use at home are 6 oz and the calorie count on those are 165. I hope that helps!! :smile:

As for the pizza.... uggh, I have no idea what to tell you for that other than to try and find an average from the database. And who knows, maybe your local joint can give you some nutritional information if you give them a call? Never hurts to try...

Have a good 4th of July weekend!

Thanks Girly! I was kind of freaked when I saw over 400 calories! Yeah, I'm not too freaked out about the pizza, I just assume that I eat less of it now than what I used to so that's good! :happy:

You too have a happy and safe weekend!! :heart:
  • fitnessperfection
    fitnessperfection Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Calories in Chicken Parts
    Different chicken parts result in different calories. When listing the calories in chicken parts you need to decide whether you are going to have them with the skin or not. It makes a big difference!

The following numbers are for 3.5 oz (100 gr) raw chicken (broilers or fryers):

110 calories in chicken breast, 170 calories with skin
    119 calories in chicken drumstick, 161 calories with skin
    119 calories in chicken thigh, 211 calories with skin
    120 calories in chickn leg, 187 calories with skin
    124 calories in chicken giblet
    125 calories in chicken dark meatn, 237 calories with skin
    126 calories in chicken wing, 237 with skin

Thanks Havingitall! Good info!