Cycled 150 Miles this weekend, down 123 Lbs

Options
cyclingben
cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
I decided i would post a few of my photos on here from this weekend. I completed the MS150 - which is a fundraising ride for Multiple Sclerosis. 86 Miles the first day and 65 the second. Total ride time for me was 9.5 hrs at an avg speed of 16 mph. It was a beast because north texas is not flat but i can mark it off of my bucket list. We raised over 2.3 Million dollars and there was over 3k riders.

[img]http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg583/adjusterben/MS150 Ride/DSCN5606.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg583/adjusterben/MS150 Ride/DSCN5604.jpg[/img]

Stats: 6'2" 297 Lbs

This Photo was taken last year in June @420 Lbs
[img]http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg583/adjusterben/Heavy Weight/420-comp.jpg[/img]

Replies

• ravenribbs
    ravenribbs Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    WOW!! SO well done! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!
  • beyg
    beyg Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    congratulations a job well done for a great cause!!
  • mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for doing the 150 !!! My mom had MS. My sister did your race many times in her memory, but due to a bike accident she can't ride right now. I do the MS WALK every year. Appreciate all you did !!
  • Lindamack5987
    Lindamack5987 Posts: 121
    Options
    Good job
  • noturshorte
    noturshorte Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    that's amazing, congratulations! you look great :)
  • bryansaums
    bryansaums Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I put in 68. You rock.
  • Songbirdy
    Songbirdy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well done! I've done that ride twice (in Ontario), the whole event is just so amazing! Way to go!
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for doing the 150 !!! My mom had MS. My sister did your race many times in her memory, but due to a bike accident she can't ride right now. I do the MS WALK every year. Appreciate all you did !!

After doing this ride for the first time i have a whole new appreciation for the MS society and what they do.
  • dre3173
    dre3173 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    WOW that is amazing:flowerforyou:
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    Beautiful job!!! Amazing!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Remarkable accomplishment.. A true NSV... (I was wondering how you managed to lose 123 lbs in a weekend of bike riding... I was about to go out and buy a bike if it were that easy... LOL>)
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! I would love to get on my bike more, but can only handle an hour at a time of sitting on that thing. Great ride and great organization!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Two amazing accomplishments! :drinker:
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    This is absolutely awesome :) You're doing great, and you look so much healthier! Congratulations on your achievement. Be proud :)
    It makes me sad that my bike seat hurts my booty...
  • ballerina454
    ballerina454 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Really awesome!!! Congrats on finishing the whole 150, that is not easy AT ALL! I cycle and so I know that is grueling but for a great cause! You are a hero! :) I have a few friends who did this ride this past weekend also. Cheers you should be very proud of your accomplishment!
  • RedSunshine365
    RedSunshine365 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    C-O-N-G-R-A-T-S!!!

You look awesome! Way to go on finishing the big MS150 ride - you look like you could've ridden it all over again.

I'm doing my 4th MS150 in June...it can be challenging just dealing with so many other riders! Nice job!
  • beachgrad05
    beachgrad05 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the ride! Are those your new wheels on the bike? They really rock!

And you look great! Such a difference from the "before" pictures. You look so happy and healthy.

I am riding in the MS 150 in October....(doing 50 each day so am only doing 100 miles total) Wonder if I can change my mind on that and do the full ride....
  • kristinakingsley
    Options
    Great work!!! Great cause to, I am doping the MS walk with my sister who has MS in a couple weeks!!!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Great job...Congrats on the loss...and the ride!
  • gailosborne
    gailosborne Posts: 435
    Options
    Congratulations on three counts; the cycling challenge for a great cause, the fitness/health gains and the fablous weight loss - friend you truly are a success story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!