salemnye
salemnye Posts: 305 Member
1 whole mango (cut up) - 135 Calories
1/2 Green Bell Pepper (cut up how you like) - 12 Calories
1 4 oz Chicken Breast Fillet (cut up) - 100 Calories
3 TBS Low Sodium Soy Sauce - 30 Calories
1 TBS Olive Oil - 100 Calories
2-4 Dashes of Garlic Powder
3 cup of Brown Rice (Cooked) - 660......If you don't have brown and only white it's 720 calories for 3 cups cooked

Directions:
Cook your rice however you would like. Boiled, steamed or microwaved ;)
Place the pepper, chicken, and mango into a frying pan. Turn on to med-high heat. Place the olive oil in and fry it until the chicken is done. When the chicken is done the mango and the bell pepper should be done. Dash some garlic powder on, I use 2 or 3 dashes to get a nice garlic smell. Then add your soy sauce, mix it well and place over your rice. You are done :D

This gives me about 4 or 5 helpings. It is a total of 1,037 WITH the brown rice. Per serving it is 259 calories. (Going off of 4 servings total)

I tried Mangos for the first time last year and it was AMAZING. Well actually I didn't like the piney taste at first then I stumbled upon this recipe and fell in love. It's a surprisingly low calorie dish. I really didn't think it was until I decided to type it up here :). Hope everyone enjoys it. Oh Mangos are going on sale right now too :D And if you don't have chicken breast use whatever chicken part you have. I used thighs for my dinner tonight because they were on sale. I like cheap foods.

2n1ulnd.jpg

Replies

• Missmissy0003
    Missmissy0003 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Mangos are heavenly!
  • Missmissy0003
    Missmissy0003 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Duplicate
  • salemnye
    Options
    Thank you! Mangos are heavenly!

You're welcome :D They are. I would suggest though if you LIKE the piney taste get a less ripe mango. My roommate likes the piney taste more than I do so she prefers the less ripe one.
  • salemnye
    Options
    bump
  • leanmachinedream
    Options
    Awesome, I think I'm going to make this for dinner.
  • salemnye
    Options
    Awesome, I think I'm going to make this for dinner.

It is quite good :) Usually goes fast too with me and my roommate :)
  • Krisgren
    Krisgren Posts: 95
    Options
    I'm gonna whip this up tonight when I get home from work. I will be getting home late from work and everyone will have eaten already so I'm gonna scale portions down and make some for tonight and then have leftovers for work lunch tomorrow.

Thanks!!