Not my day!!

memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
So I get on the scale this morning. Still the same, hasn't budged in a week! Bummer.
Then I remember that my friend is coming over tomorrow. She and I started out at the same weight, but she has lost 10-15lbs more than I have. I have to listen to everyone tell her how great she looks and NO ONE , not one person has noticed my 24lbs I lost. Even my husband kept telling me that Heather looks really good, after he ran into her the other evening! Then I had to run an errand at lunch time so I figured I would get chinese. I know it's high in sodium but I just felt like having it today and I was right there. So I ordered chicken/broccoli and STEAMED RICE. I get back to the office, open my food and if it isn't FRICKIN' FRIED RICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTH???????????? So I gave the rice to my co worker just so I wouldn't be tempted to eat it!

What a day!!!!!

Okay, I think I feel better.

Memaw

Replies

• Sorry for the bad day. Hopefully it gets better. :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    So I get on the scale this morning. Still the same, hasn't budged in a week! Bummer.
    Then I remember that my friend is coming over tomorrow. She and I started out at the same weight, but she has lost 10-15lbs more than I have. I have to listen to everyone tell her how great she looks and NO ONE , not one person has noticed my 24lbs I lost. Even my husband kept telling me that Heather looks really good, after he ran into her the other evening! Then I had to run an errand at lunch time so I figured I would get chinese. I know it's high in sodium but I just felt like having it today and I was right there. So I ordered chicken/broccoli and STEAMED RICE. I get back to the office, open my food and if it isn't FRICKIN' FRIED RICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTH???????????? So I gave the rice to my co worker just so I wouldn't be tempted to eat it!

What a day!!!!!

Okay, I think I feel better.

Memaw

Awww, sorry you're not having the best of days! I don't think I'd have been able to give up that rice, I would have eaten it! You're a better person than me, that's for sure!
    Just keep doing what you're doing, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! And people WILL start to notice, any day now! :smile:
  • nupariel
    nupariel Posts: 1
    stick with it, we're all with u on this thing.
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Memaw,
    I'm sorry nobody has commented on your weight lost - 24 pounds IS a LOT of weight, even if you have quite a few to go before reaching your goal. Don't give up - they'll all be totally shocked one of these days when it finally dawns on them that you've lost a substantial amount of weight!:happy: :happy: We all know how hard it is, and how frustrating it can be when you're stuck at the same weight for awhile....:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

I hope the rest of your day and holiday weekend are better!!:wink::wink: :drinker:
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Congradulations on losing over 20 lbs. You look fantastic!! :flowerforyou: btw....I would have eaten the rice. :bigsmile:
  • amie1004
    amie1004 Posts: 65 Member
    TOTALLY feel you on this. We had a Biggest Loser contest at work. One of my best friends was on my team. She started at a lower weight than I, and lost a little more than I did. Combine those and everyone noticed she had lost weight. And they kept telling me how great SHE looked! It frustrated me!!
    Now, people are finally noticing my weight loss...keep at it!:bigsmile:
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Honey, we feel your pain. Keep on keepin on.:flowerforyou:
  • Congradulations on losing over 20 lbs. You look fantastic!! :flowerforyou: btw....I would have eaten the rice. :bigsmile:

ditto to this!!!
    Memaw-- You looks fantastic, and I would have totally eaten the rice as a small "today sucks so i'll give in" token. :laugh: so congrats on resisting temptation!
This discussion has been closed.