Huge accomplishment this weekend.

Options
Sheila_Ann
Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
So for the first time in my life, I went out this weekend and bought myself a bikini to wear when I go visit family in Florida next weekend. The bottom is a size small. I've come such a long way. I beat breast cancer, went thru a divorce and had surgery on my ankle.

I still have some goals to meet, but just so happy right now.

Thanks you for reading my topic!

Happy Sheila. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Congrats Sheila! You are an inspiration to me and I am sure many more!
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    wow!!! you had me at size small bikini...but WOW! you have overcome so much and are PROOF that tough times are no excuse! WTG! XOXO
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the beautiful words. It hasn't been easy, and if it weren't for my 7 yo son, who knows where I would be right now.

Xxxx
    Sheila.
  • LindaCarolPrice
    Options
    way to go!!!!!!
  • ranchorunner
    Options
    Way to go girl...bikinis require confidence and if your back is any indication of the front, I bet you look great in it!!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    First, congrats on beating breast cancer. I had 3 aunts who were not so lucky, so wishing you continued remission.

And also congrats on the bikini! Awesome NSV.
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You deserve this win!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I was just at the Komen walk this weekend, so also YAY on being a survivior.. you've been to hell and back and made it through! Your son has one tough and awesome mom! Great work!
  • arctiknitter
    arctiknitter Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success and your recovery. May you have continued good health.
  • Shannonlastname
    Shannonlastname Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It's stories like this that keep me motivated to never give up on my goals.
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    congrats! you are an inspiration to us all! determination and perserverence! kudos!
    enjoy your new life!!
  • caseydimples
    caseydimples Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    wow!!! you had me at size small bikini...but WOW! you have overcome so much and are PROOF that tough times are no excuse! WTG! XOXO

I totally agree!!!
  • 012345emma
    012345emma Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    fantastic acheivement wtg .i so cant wait to get in a bikini and feel good.well done :O)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!