Your favorite low-cal snack foods!

Options
Whatever they are.

I work the graveyard shift, and for about 10 out of 12 hours at work, I am sitting on my bum. I used to just stuff my face while I was there, but no more. So I need help staving off the junk with some healthy options, if the munchies get the best of me.

Come on, y'all, help a girl out. :bigsmile:

Replies

• beckythebunny122
    beckythebunny122 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bell pepper strips (with or without hummus). YUM! It's my new go-to instead of chips.
    Frozen grapes and /or blueberries
  • salamander
    salamander Posts: 22
    Options
    baby carrots and "eat clean" guacomole... (avocado, garlic, red onion, diced tomato and tiny bit of fat free mayo)
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    1/2 an apple with 2 tsp (not TBLSP) of peanut butter (I use organic). About 90 calories and the peanut butter is so satisfying.
  • ninaellis
    ninaellis Posts: 60
    Options
    velvet cruch crisps 87 cals a bag & taste good!!!

Snack a jacks lots of flavours but the sweet berry & caramel are lowest fat & calories quite a big bag too!!:wink:
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    try squeezing limes into your guac instead of the mayo- avocados are creamy on their own if they're ripe enough and the lime juice really brings out the cilantro- oh yea, definitely add cilantro.

I like bell peppers dipped in guac, carrots, pretzels diped in mustard (chips and dip are my snack weakness, can you tell :laugh: ) If you are more for the savory, there are natural jerkeys made from leaner cuts of meat, nuts in moderation. If its sweats dark chocolate in moderation, fruit is always good, you can make lot of dips- sweet or for veggies- from non fat plain yogurt. Jello sugar free pudding or the jello is always good.

For some serious variety, go to a health food store- you'll find snacks galore.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    some of you may not agree with this but that's ok. I tend to "mindless snack" when I'm bored. This sounds like what you do at work. You're not really hungry. Walmart has these delicious carbonated waters with 0 sugar and 0 sodium. They taste great and the carbonation gives you that oral fixation without the calories! It's a little more interesting than regular water.
  • Wien7
    Wien7 Posts: 13
    Options
    First and foremost, I recommend really exercising your willpower if nothing as (as you said you're sitting for the entire period)- but if snack you must: I do so on celery sticks and/or sugarless gum. Just drink plenty of water and drink a fruit tea occasionally- it'll taste a bit more like an indulgence.

* Not recommended: Nuts. Of any kind. Very, very sneaky calories, and they won't leave you full. Stay away!
  • CarolynD1986
    Options
    I agree, nuts are the devil.
    If I could have just a couple nuts, I would, but I cant stop myself once I start... so I stay away, or, I try to
  • Wien7
    Wien7 Posts: 13
    Options
    I agree, nuts are the devil.
    If I could have just a couple nuts, I would, but I cant stop myself once I start... so I stay away, or, I try to

Exactly! I swear, one of these days someone will discover that somehow soy beans secrete crack cocaine.. because they are just too good to stop after a few.
  • CarolynD1986
    Options
    Popcorn is a good, low calorie snack. Dont add butter, just put salt and nutritional yeast. Its super filling so you can eat a bunch of it and not get many calories out of it.

Try and air pop if possible for even less calories