30-something gals with 10-30 lbs to lose...

Options
2»

Replies

• Spracknel
    Spracknel Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 30-something gal working on losing the last 15 lbs of baby-weight. My baby is going on 5 years old this fall, so it's about time. Never been one for "dieting", but I've decided to make a lifestyle change like one of the other posters, and just start eating better and getting off my butt more often. I'm sure you all know how hard that is, especially with the general busy-ness of life. I too, will be a nursing student this fall, as well as a single mom, and a hotel maid to boot. I would appreciate the opportunity to give and recieve encouragement, so please feel free to add me.

~Heather

PS - I keep reading about this Couch to 5K program, how do I start? I've been kinda interested in running for a couple years now, but don't know how to start.
  • fairdreamer
    Options
    I'm 30 and looking to lose about 10-20 pounds. I have degenerative disc disease so right now my focus is walking. I hope to start swimming this summer and buy a bike. We just moved from ND to San Diego so walking and fresh produce is much more accessible. So feel free to add me! I love food and my goal is to keep moving and eat better.
  • otads12
    otads12 Posts: 5
    Options
    I just started on the site this week, so I am still learning how to use it. (I started with the app on my phone). Looks like it should be helpful.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    29... I'm a teacher. I am also a food/wine lover. As soon as school lets out, I am planning on learning to lift weights. I struggle with running (broke my ankle badly, pins and such still in it), but I still would love to do a 5k in the fall. I have lost 12 lbs since mid-March. When I hit 15, I get a personal trainer (Yay!) My goal is to lose 30 lbs, which will take me from 185 to 155... at that point I will re-assess.
    I'm open to new friends any time, as long as they are in this to lose weight in a healthy way.
  • girlnumber57
    Options
    38 - I'm on my last 10 to lose. I have also recently started to run. Just ran my first 10K last month. I am hoping to do a half at the end of the year!!! I also love food and wine, it makes it hard to stay on track! This site really helps with that though, and the support here.
  • parada80
    parada80 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I'm 32 and need to lose 22 Pounds! On a strict diet/excercise program with a Trainer. pls feel free to add me!

Good LUck! :)
  • otads12
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 30-something gal working on losing the last 15 lbs of baby-weight. My baby is going on 5 years old this fall, so it's about time. Never been one for "dieting", but I've decided to make a lifestyle change like one of the other posters, and just start eating better and getting off my butt more often. I'm sure you all know how hard that is, especially with the general busy-ness of life. I too, will be a nursing student this fall, as well as a single mom, and a hotel maid to boot. I would appreciate the opportunity to give and recieve encouragement, so please feel free to add me.

~Heather

PS - I keep reading about this Couch to 5K program, how do I start? I've been kinda interested in running for a couple years now, but don't know how to start.

Regarding this post, I was told about the couch to 5k thing from a physical therapist I know. She recommended I try it too. I found the app for my phone as well, I have yet to explore that as well. But from what I understand it gives you instruction on how to build up to getting into running. (I am slow with getting started lately) I am also a student, and finding time is very challenging. Good luck with nursing school.
  • shoegal517
    shoegal517 Posts: 56 Member
    Options

~Heather

It's a gradual program with intervals that goes over 9 weeks and you build to running a 5k and I'm telling you...it works! I highly recommend it- if you have a smartphone, there's a great app that tracks the training days and allows you to play your own music and tells you when to run, when to walk.... try it! You feel SO good when you accomplish things you didn't know you could.
  • otads12
    Options
    Good to know. I will have to actually try using it. :wink:
  • WhiteCloud9
    WhiteCloud9 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Bump for making new runner friends