Hungry Guy Seeks Chocolate CAKE!!!

Options
Recycledsinner
Recycledsinner Posts: 11 Member
OK, so first off, this recipe was inspired by two different recipes from Hungry Girl's show and website, listed below:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/show/chocolate-911-chocolate-marshmallow-madness-cupcakes-recipe

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=796034

Each recipe is great and delicious in its own right, but as I was sitting, in the middle of eating my chocolate marshmallow madness cupcake (only 110 calories btw), I thought to myself, self...what would you like right now EVEN more than this cupcake with its woefully missing frosting and ever so lightly present marshmallow cream drizzle? And I heard a voice from Heaven...it was saying cake...CHOCOLATE...CAKE LOL No, but seriously, I decided to make a thin cake out of the recipe that makes 12 cupcakes and then ice them with a figure-friendly cream cheese frosting (and why not make it chocolate, just because), and so, I did.....and I had a moment of clarity, and it only cost me about 150 calories for 1/12 of the 13x9 pan. That my friends is a success story, if ever one has been told. So, if you're still intrigued, read on, inquiring foodie, and then make this sumptuous goodie yourself :o) If you feel about chocolate as I do, you shall'nt regret it.

So, without further ado, I give you:

Tastes Just LIke Yo Granny Made It But Won't Give You Her Figure Chocolate Cake (Working Title)

• One 25-calorie packet hot cocoa mix (like Swiss Miss Diet or Nestlé Fat Free)
• Half of an 18.25-oz. box (about 1 3/4 cups) moist-style devil's food cake mix
• 1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
• 1 tbsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated) or granulated sugar
• 1/8 tsp. salt
• 2 oz hot tap water
• 6 oz cool water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In tall glass, combine 2 oz hot water with mix and make sure completely disolved. Add remainder of water and set aside. In another bowl, measure out cake mix, add beaters, cocoa concoction, and splenda. Lightly spray 13x9 with pam (less than 1 second for entire pan). Place batter in pan and place in oven. Start checking at 10 minutes. When begins to look done, check with toothpick. When comes out almost completely dry and free of batter, cake is done. Don't overcook. This cake is VERY moist unless your burn it.

Icing

• 12 tbsp Marshmallow Fluff
• 12 tbsp Cool Whip Free, thawed
• 1/2 cup fat free cream cheese
• 2 tbsp Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
• 3-6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (use good quality)

Directions

In a bowl, mix all ingredients, except cool whip, until smooth. Fold in cool whip. Cocoa powder is based on your preference. I use 4 tbsp. You may use more or less, but I suggest starting with 3 and then adding in all ingredients and tasting, for best flavor. Enjoy you guys! Let me know what you think!

Replies