Does eating after a certain time effect your weight loss

I was just curious as if you were too eat say like around 8pm would it effect your weightloss as if you were too eat at dinner time 5/6

Replies

• susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    No, not if you eat the same amount of food.

For some people, stopping eating after a certain time has a psychological effect as it stops them from snacking during the evening. But that is due to the fact that when they stop snacking at night, they reduce their calories.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    I was just curious as if you were too eat say like around 8pm would it effect your weightloss as if you were too eat at dinner time 5/6

No, but if you weigh daily, eating at later times may effect your weight in slightly due to extra undigested food left in your body. But meal timing doesnt affect fat loss.
  • clobercow
    clobercow Posts: 337 Member
    When you eat has no impact in fat loss. So long as you average at or around your goal, its fine. Don't let people tell you that any one meal is better than another or that you will go into "Starvation Mode". They are misinformed or trolls.
  • sunshine91479
    sunshine91479 Posts: 15 Member
    For me it's not a mental thing. I can't eat at least 2 -3 hours before I go to bed otherwise it shows right back up on my midsection the next morning. But it is also not always possible for the time framing that I like to stop at. So I just make sure that I try to get a little extra cardio in before bed. Even if it is just 10 minute jog on the treadmill.
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 659 Member
    I feel like when I eat after like 8, it takes my body longer to get rid of the food so I stay heavier longer
  • Drawberry
    Drawberry Posts: 104 Member
    Not necessarily. Some people feel heavier eating meals later if they go to bed at say-10pm. I tend to go to be around 12-1am so eating at 7-8pm isn't that big of an issue for me.

I do try to stay away from HUGE dinners, just because it can be a bit difficult for me to get to sleep if I am eating something like....a huge mound of Mac and Cheese with an entire rotisserie chicken :P