Favorite running shoes?

Options
13»

Replies

• Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Saucony are my favorites! Any others have caused my knee pain to act up.
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Brooks Ghost 4 is what I'm running in now! I love Brooks!
  • tasmin21
    tasmin21 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I will throw in another vote for Vibrams, but also reiterate that they aren't for everyone. I do know that I have always had bad knees, and in the Vibrams, with the different barefoot stride they advocate, I have been able to actually run for the first time since high school.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Try them on or have someone help you at the store figure out where you need the most support. I LOVE nike free runs as I need some arch support but not too much. My arches have collasped particially from terrible shoes so please get fitted with the right kind :(
  • lkarinal
    lkarinal Posts: 107
    Options
    Personally I've used Nikes but I always ended up with knee pain until I went to a running store and they recommended Aiscs for my flat feet. Every foot is different so you'd better go to the store and get your gait analyzed.
  • runmybunsoff
    runmybunsoff Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I love my Adidas ClimaCool Ride TR! I have two pairs, can't get enough of them. Never had any foot pain from the first day of wearing them. Super lightweight (imo), breathable, flexible, great gripping for trail/paved/machine--which is great for my feet as I have ridiculously high arches and step off from the balls of my feet rather than my heels.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I second everyone who has suggested visiting a running specialty store. If you can, maybe find one that has a treadmill, and can analyze your stride for you. And when you try and your shoes, ask to take them for a bit of a run down the block, to get a feel for them in a running context, and compare as many as you can. Definitely don't be afraid of trying several different kinds, from lots of cushioning to less, because finding the right running shoe is definitely an individual process that takes time.

I used to wear Mizuno Wave Creations, and those were pretty good shoes for longer runs (I do distance, and train for longer runs), because they had more cushioning and were definitely durable through the hundreds of miles that I put on them. I switched to Vibram FiveFingers a few months ago, and haven't looked back. I love the minimalist feeling of running with my natural stride, though minimalist running is definitely something to approach more gradually, especially if you normally wear shoes with more cushioning, or have high arches or flat feet.