There are how many calories??

Options
So I was out at a luncheon with friends. I was the only one not having something off the desert tray. Well I don't want to never have any treats, but more so I didn't want everyone noticing I was the only one that hadn't. 1 nanaimo bar that was all I had thank goodness. Any guesses how many calories when I came home and punched it in??

300 calories. That pretty well nears my whole lunch allotment per day. This is also the first day I have gone over my fats, and I still haven't had dinner. Next time I will stick to the fruit tray. :ohwell:

Usually I input every thing I will eat for the day in the morning before I even have breakfast. When I go out that is obviously not possible. This makes me feel like I need to decline invitations to eat out whenever possible. :cry:

Replies

• JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it. EVERYONE makes mistakes. Try to make up for it with slightly smaller meals later and by slightly more exercise.
  • yolie1220
    yolie1220 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    This makes me feel like I need to decline invitations to eat out whenever possible. :cry:
    [/quote]

I think maybe if you just eat lighter tomorrow, your calories will balance out for the week. It is hard when you are out with friends to not eat something because everyone else is. This doesn't mean you have to turn down eating with your friends. Maybe if you know where you are going, look it up online and see if you can find nutrition info. That way when you get there, you already know what to order. That's what I do. :drinker:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    I hate when I can't check the calorie count etc. before I eat something and then find out it's an outrageous amount later ... but ... this is a life time adventure we're all going through. If you're really good almost all of the time then don't sweat the occasional nanaimo bar that with inevitably come into your life.:flowerforyou:
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    This makes me feel like I need to decline invitations to eat out whenever possible.
    No don't do that! We have an AWSOME tools here to help us lose weight. Figure out where your going to eat in advance, think about a few choices you might want, and look calories up and plan for it!
    This way your not all alone! Plus your friends will see how dedicated you are to your lifestlye change, and who knows? You might inspire them to make changes too! :flowerforyou:
  • jmuniz00
    jmuniz00 Posts: 9
    Options
    Don't feel so bad about it. Sum1 actually posted earlier and I have read that it's beneficial to switch your calorie intake by a few more than you usually take once in a while b/c it keeps the body actively guessing which can speed up weight loss. As long as you're correcting old habits and developing healthy ones indefinitely, I'm sure eating out once in a while won't sabotage this lifestyle change. :wink:
  • Melissa_123
    Melissa_123 Posts: 115
    Options
    I live in Myrtle Beach and in the summer we constantly have friends and family come to town! They always want to eat out. I am trying so hard to watch my calories so now I look up the menu at the restaurant we are going to and check the calories on MFP...then I plan my day around the dinner. Most places have a great dinner with surprisingly low calories. It sure makes it easier and I find I don't want the bread.

233687.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Don't feel so bad about it. Sum1 actually posted earlier and I have read that it's beneficial to switch your calorie intake by a few more than you usually take once in a while b/c it keeps the body actively guessing which can speed up weight loss. As long as you're correcting old habits and developing healthy ones indefinitely, I'm sure eating out once in a while won't sabotage this lifestyle change. :wink:

Hmm that is very interesting, and makes sense. I was just freaking out a bit when I saw what one little square can do to a meal, made me feel like I was never going to be able to indulge. I feel much better now that it is a day later. I am prone to over reaction occasionally.

Thanks everyone for your input., and for talking me off the ledge.:wink:
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    Just posted about this elsewhere....
    don't let your body adjust to the same cals every single day. switch it up...and take the day or two OFF per week. I take the entire weekend off...don't track a single thing on MFP...just skip the days. I eat a treat if I want. I may not go overboard, but I may. AND it has done nothing but good things for me...
    Plus, mentally, you still have to live and have fun, and enjoy food sometimes too.

Cindy
    :heart: