Weight loss surgery ads on MFP

Options
Is anyone else bothered by the ads for weight loss surgery on this site? I don't mean to make this a commentary about anyone who has chosen to get these surgeries, as I'm neither for or against that option. It just seems like this is a site for people who are working hard to improve their diet and exercise habits, so the ads seem off the mark to me.

Replies

• AhronR
    AhronR Posts: 6
    Options
    But even those of us who have had weight loss surgery have to work just as hard to improve our diet and exercise habits, maybe im biased because I had the surgery, Im not implying you said anyhting but there are those who think theat weightloss surgery is the easy way out, that couldnt be farther from the truth.
  • JmeHarris
    JmeHarris Posts: 38
    Options
    All right, before you get all hot and bothered, I clearly said I've got no bias for or against. I also considered getting the surgery. The point I was trying to make is that I think ads should be targeted at exercise tools/programs or healthy food choices, or devices that help you identify healthy food options, or appropriate portion size, etc. One or two ads for weight loss surgery wouldn't bother me, but in the weeks I've been on here, I don't think I've seen any other types of ads. It should be more balanced.