I need positive people for support!

Options
To put things short, I live in a household with a few people that are anything but supportive.
I often tell them why I am choosing not to consume certain things and they ask me to, "stop talking about calories already", (because I'm typically discussing what they're eating).
And when I'm struggling to keep from eating that candy bar or ordering that greasy burger the feedback I get from them is, "Just do it, already.".

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not asking for sympathy. I just need a group of friends that I can run to in these weak moments who'll remind me of my goal and talk me off the ledge...so to speak.

If you're an encouraging person, can you please be in that circle of friends with me?

Today is my 6th day of MFP and I'm really excited about the whole thing! I know that this time I can stick to my fitness goals :)

Replies

• Kirsykoo
    Kirsykoo Posts: 2
    Options
    I'll be your friend as long as you will be mine.
    I don't need sympthy either, but I do need support...
    I live with my partner and he is wonderful, but he is a stick. Eats what he wants when he likes.. me, i look at food and pile it on, so its hard for him to understand when I talk about it :)

Just remember you are doing this for yourself, no one else.
  • WildAngelJoy
    WildAngelJoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP about a week longer than you and also love it. It really helps to have people who understand and give support...there are many people on here like that. I'll send a freind request, we can encourage each other on our weight loss and healthier lifestyle journey :flowerforyou: !!
  • Lindaendall
    Lindaendall Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree - you do need the support of your friends for this, I wouldn't have managed to lose my weight without them. Good luck on your journey. Send me a friend request and I will support you.

I've been with MFP for 4 months and find that I don't feel as if I am on a diet. I love reading my friends food diaries to get ideas. I love chatting with them about day-to-day trials and tribulations. Most of all, I love sharing our successes.

Speak to you soon:flowerforyou:
    Linda
  • Qattusa
    Qattusa Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness, I feel your pain! Ha ha, I am in the same boat! I live with two boys who eat the house out of food every week and work with a group of people who drink like it's going out of fashion! They all think I am weird when I refuse the (2nd) slice of cake, or have a spritzer as it's less calorific.

Feel free to add me! I try to log on every day, and try my best to be supportive! :smile: