HI! I'M NEW TO THE MESSAGE BOARDS!

Hi. I used mfp for a few months last summer and lost quite a bit of weight. Unfortunately over the last year I gained over 30 pounds! I have chronic back problems that were getting worse so I started moving again. I was stretching and doing yoga 20 minutes twice a day and walking 4-5 miles even though the walking really hurt. Extremely motivated. After 8 days of this (with a rest day, epsom salts every night, heat and ice, essential oils for pain and inflammation, etc.) my entire lower back went out. I started using mfp again a couple weeks ago because it was too depressing to stay on my boring routine diet while not being able to walk. I've been researching all the best foods to eat and doing 1200 calories a day. I'm 32, 5'3" and 178 pounds. I think it is huge to focus on a healthy lifestyle. I know quite a bit about nutrition because I have practiced western medicinal herbalism and aromatherapy for all of my adult life. I am not as knowledgable about dieting as I would like to be. I would love to be an active part of this community and help you when I can, and I need your help too! At the moment I would appreciate any insights about the amount of calories I'm consuming especially in consideration with the fact that I can't easily even walk right now as well as advice on any ways to help the back and/or get exercise in this type of situation.

Replies

• Victoria777
    Victoria777 Posts: 5 Member
    Oh, I would also like to add I'm excited this time around as well because I'm focusing on eating the right foods, not just counting calories.
  • mickeyping
    mickeyping Posts: 1 Member
    Welcome