low cal chicken recipes

Options
court974
court974 Posts: 8
i have a bunch of frozen chicken breasts and cant think of any good low cal recipes for chicken. does anyone have any suggestions? thanks in advance :smile:

Replies

• azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    put on a bunch of your favorite seasonings... I use garlic powder, onion powder, & mrs. dash. Then grill them. If you don't have a grill, bake them.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Something easy I like to do is throw some chicken, tomato vinagrette dressing, and veggies in the oven until the chicken's done.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Marinate them babies.... Low fat italian is my fave. Or rub them with curry, salt and pepper and grill!
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Once a week I fill up my Foreman grill with chicken breast and various spices. Then I use the meat all week in salads, wraps (hot and cold) and over pasta with some Olive Oil and Parmesan.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Chicken stir Fry.
    Cook up the chicken as mentioned and have with Pasta, Salads.
  • AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I like to sprinkle them with a little soy sauce and tarragon then grill and serve with a garden salad
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I put dijon mustard on both sides of chicken adn teriyaki sauce and then parmesan cheese and bacon bits it was excellent. it was like 150 cal 4.5 grams of fat.
  • ChefJeremyC
    Options
    Boneless Chicken Breast Cacciatore
    serves 6 About 3 oz portions

1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
    1 tsp salt
    .5 tsp black pepper, ground
    1TBLS extra-virgin olive oil
    2 large green bell peppers,seeded,and cut into strips
    1 medium yellow onion cut into strips
    1 14oz can whole peeled plum tomatoes in juice,chopped
    2 Tbls tomatoe paste
    2 Tbls lemon juice
    1 tsp dried oregano
    1 tsp dried basil
    1 tsp thyme

Preheat oven to 375.Spray a 9 x 13 glass baking dish with lite cooking spray.

Sprinkle bothe sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.

Coat a 10 inch skillet with cooking spray.Heat the oil over medium-high heat.Place chicken in hot skillet "skin" side down.Cook for @ 10 mins until brownedon one side only,then place the chicken brown side up in the prepared baking dish.

Return the skillet to the stove and add the peppers and onion. Cook over med.-high heat,until the edges begin to brown.Add the tomatoes ,tomatoe paste,lemon juice, and the dry spices.Stir with a rubber spatula,loosening any brown bits in the bottom of the pan.Pour sauce mixture over the chickenand bake uncovered for 20 mins,until chicken is done.

calories: 185.77
    Protein: 28.23 g
    carbs: 8.68g
    Total Fat: 3.94 g
    sat fat : .74g

Hope you enjoy i have mor chicken recpies if you want.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]142855.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I slice the chicken breasts and then in a bowl I mix some flour and some lemon pepper (no real measurements). Toss the chicken in the mixture and shake it around and coat all the pieces lightly. Then I put them in a skillet with just a little bit of olive oil and brown them on both sides. It's really tasty. Side with veggies.
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    There is a recipe on here calles Salsa Chicken.

Place the chicken and the salsa in a crockpot and let it cook for about 6 hours. Half hour before you serve put corn and black beans in.

So delicious.