Need help with sugar.

Options
My weight loss is going a lot slower than I'd like, and I'm worried it might be because of all the sugar I eat.
I'm supposed to get 24g, and I'm finding it impossible. I'm in the 80s and 90s most days.

I'm not eating bad sugar, but I don't eat meat, and I'm really trying to avoid sodium, so I end up eating a lot of fruit, which pushes my sugar way up.

I'm not sure what to do here, does anybody have any suggestions?

Replies

• Eliyan
    Eliyan Posts: 115
    Options
    My weight loss is going a lot slower than I'd like, and I'm worried it might be because of all the sugar I eat.
    I'm supposed to get 24g, and I'm finding it impossible. I'm in the 80s and 90s most days.

I'm not eating bad sugar, but I don't eat meat, and I'm really trying to avoid sodium, so I end up eating a lot of fruit, which pushes my sugar way up.

I'm not sure what to do here, does anybody have any suggestions?
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    How much are you trying to loose each week? Typical diet is an average of 1lb a week for long term success and aggressive is 2lbs a week.

Try subbing veggies for fruit to eliminate some of the sugar. Nuts are great snacks, cheese, yogurt etc. If you enjoy the fruit and you are eatting all of your calories each day then the only thing I can think of is veggies and other types of foods (beans, egg whites, etc.)

Hope it helps a little.
  • Eliyan
    Options
    Helps a bit, it's hard to avoid the sodium though, there's a lot in cheese, and everything.

Trying to lose the two lbs a week, it was going okay, but I'm kind of stuck now, and the only thing I'm going way over in is the sugar. :grumble:

Thanks for the suggestions.
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Options
    Is it natural sugar that you're going over with? Natural sugar from fruits is ok, in moderation, of course. Watch those "lowfat" and "nonfat" products...they are loaded with sugar. I gave up white flour and sugar for lent and have noticed a huge difference in my weight loss and allergies, oddly enough. Those things, despite how delicious they are, are so bad for you and really affect your overall health.
  • Eliyan
    Options
    Yeah, it's all from fruit, natural sugar, so I know it's not as bad as it could be, but I have to think 90 grams of sugar, even natural sugar, can't be so good. :tongue: