HRM Question

Options
Nessc
Nessc Posts: 137 Member
Does anybody else use a Reebok Precision Trainer XT Heart Rate Monitor with Chest Strap? If so, have you ever had this problem: The monitor has been working great, then all of a sudden while using the monitor as I am working out on the elliptical the heart rate will go to 0 (obviously, I'm not dead :laugh: ) It's as if I don't have the chest strap on. I've double checked the strap to make sure I've got a good fit and I've also checked to see if the batteries are low. Neither of these seem to be the problem. I've used this HRM when I walk and when I work out on the elliptical. I have even used it while walking on the treadmill. Since I've had the HRM I've never had it to go to 0 before except for when I was out of town during Memorial Weekend and I used a hotel fitness room that had other "electronic" machines that interfered with the HRM.

Has anybody else had this problem with this HRM and is it "fixable" or I have I bought a cheap worthless HRM? Or could the fitness room in the hotel have caused the HRM to malfunction? It's really difficult to know how many calories I've burned without my HRM :grumble: :huh:

Replies

• NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I don't have it, but I've read that others have had the same problem. With some it jumps up also. I'm sure someone will chime in who has one.:smile:
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I don't have a reebox, but I have a polar.
    Hope this helps.

Mine has gone to 0 for two different reasons.

Polar says you are supposed to wet the sensors with water. If it's not wet I get a 0 until I do.

The strap might be tight, but if I move certain ways, the strap(sensor) comes away from the skin, and I get 0's.
    So I make sure the strap is nice and snug.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F6. Mine does that occasionally usually when my strap is dry. I know that sounds stupid but I usually dampen my fingertips and wet the strap a little where it touches my skin and that seems to help. Not sure about your brand though but you could try it.
  • Nessc
    Nessc Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, but, unfortunately, I've already moistened the back of the chest sensor and that isn't helping...I also checked to see if it was too loose and I tightened it as far as it will go and that still is not helping...I'm starting to think that something is messed up with it.