Newbie Introduction

alviss1
alviss1 Posts: 4 Member
:smile: Hi all - I am new to myfitnesspal and hope to find much success in fixing my eating and exercise habits! I am one to enjoy either biking or walking in the evenings during the spring and summer months. I generally tend to lose up to 10 pounds over this time period but find that I gain them back during the winter months. It is such a shameful cycle... Each Spring I seem to go through the disappointment in myself period and questioning why didn't I keep exercising or stop eating. I hope this program will help me stay on track. It is very different in that I typically do not eat back the calories I burn off. I'm concerned that I will gain weight or only maintain using this methodology. My goal is to lose 40 pounds. MFP says I should be eating 1200 calories a day in addition to eating the extra calories I exercise off!! This is just the opposite of how I usually lose weight. I usually limit my calorie intake between 900 and 1200 calories a day plus exercise to achieve a pound or so a week. Well enough of me... Here is wishing you all much success with your goals.:smile: