HRM to buy..or not to buy?

Steph7x
Steph7x Posts: 115 Member
Im very interested in getting one..just there not the cheapest thing so i'm wondering if they are really useful? I would like to know how many calories more accurately im burning. Also does anyone have any recommendations i live in the UK and have been looking at Polar FT2?

Replies

• fozzie500
    fozzie500 Posts: 177 Member
    i've had two polar hrm's over 17 years,when i got mine i found it a great motivational tool,it gave me targets to aim for,and meant it was another set of numbers to track my progress by (same activity the calories burned drop over time as you get fitter).
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    I have a Polar ft4 and I found it amazing how many calories that mfp said I was burning and how many I was actually burning! Then I'd eat back my exercise calories and I had no clue that I was actually overeating because of it!

Worth the money for sure!
  • ColleenAtherton
    ColleenAtherton Posts: 230 Member
    I've had my FT7 for almost a week now. I love it! So far the MFP calculations and my HRM have been mostly the same. Except for yesterday when I went on a 2.5 mile walk pushing 80 lbs between the kids and the stroller. My HRM said I burned 495 cals but MFP was only saying 263! Then this morning I kind of slacked a little on my cardio routine and MFP said 254 but my HRM said 196.

I'm getting my husband a HRM this week!
  • DDBeard
    DDBeard Posts: 50 Member
    I have a FT4. I received it about 3 weeks ago and LOVE it so far. I was so far off on my calculations on burned. HIGHLY recommend. It's worth every penny.