Is the last 13 the killer pounds?

Options
I have been here since March, lost 20 pounds and feel great about that. don't really want the pat on the head or the congrats but the last 13 seem to be just hanging on. I have been really good, only been over in calories a very few times less than once every two weeks, and not more than 100 to 150 when it happens! I am often under in calories by 75 to 100, but really do not feel hungry when that happens. I figure the under days balance the over days so no need to be hysterical over it. But as I get closer to my goal it seems like my body just does not want to cooperate.

Has this been anyone else's experience? It is getting to be summer heat and going outside in 105 weather here is not my thing. Any suggestions to turn up the heat on the old fat burners? I did not expect it over night but a plateau after every two pounds is getting me frustrated!

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    You can try adding 100-200 calories for a few weeks. It's not enough to gain but it is enough to boost your metabolism. Then bump back down (unless, of course, bumping up makes you start losing weight).
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I wish I did have some tips. Joined MFP to lose the last 15; the first 12 or so came off fairly easily...the last 3 to 4 took almost 3 months to lose. Good luck!
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    I wish I did have some tips. Joined MFP to lose the last 15; the first 12 or so came off fairly easily...the last 3 to 4 took almost 3 months to lose. Good luck!

So you just kept at it? No changes? No magic fairy dust? :laugh: :laugh: Had to throw in a joke! I think I might need to exercise more, or at a different time.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

So you just kept at it? No changes? No magic fairy dust? :laugh: :laugh: Had to throw in a joke! I think I might need to exercise more, or at a different time.

LOL...yes, I did keep at it. The only real changes I made with my exercise were adding in more strength training and starting to run. I guess I could have done more exercise or eaten less/tracked better or whatever else, but after a while I started to like the way I looked and felt so much that the last 3 became a non-issue.
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options

LOL...yes, I did keep at it. The only real changes I made with my exercise were adding in more strength training and starting to run. I guess I could have done more exercise or eaten less/tracked better or whatever else, but after a while I started to like the way I looked and felt so much that the last 3 became a non-issue.

Your pics look amazing, I will get there! Just when? thanks for the response.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya... I'm down to my last 8 and it's killing me, but I have faith, and most of all, determination so strong I scare myself. Once I have my mind on something I dont' give up til It's MINE!!!