Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Suggestions on anxiety disorder?

CaptainJim157
CaptainJim157 Posts: 390
edited September 19 in Chit-Chat
Hi Y'all! Um, as some of you read my blog, you'll know that I have an anxiety disorder as well as other disabilites, anyways, I go to work Friday and Saturdays, but I always seem to get nervous (I work in a kitchen (prep cook) my bosses and co-workers are extremely nice and always help me out, but I dunno, I just feel kinda bad that everytime I go in they comfort me and help me out, I mean, I know I have disabilities and I can't help it, but I just feel I dunno, ashamed? anyways, does anyone have any suggestions on how to relax while I'm at work? (I'm already on anxiety meds and I do the deep breathing) but it just seems that I panic really easily and then I have panic attacks, it's starting to happen at different places but more at work, Ugh! :cry: Sorry for all this ranting, I just needed to let it out! I have to work tomorrow and Saturday, but then I'm on Vacation for a few days (leaving monday) :love:

Replies

• rbeglen
    rbeglen Posts: 37
    The meds and deep breathing work wonders for me but I have had extensive biofeedback and other cognitive therapies. You have to find something that you can focus on when you begin feeling an attack coming on. Also, if you notice after a while that you are still having them even with taking medication you may need to change medications or add another for a anxiety/depression/mood combo. These seem to be effective for certain people.
  • Ok, thanks!
    Right now I'm on 75 mg of apo-sertraline, it seems to be helping, but I just feel weird sometimes, like I have a feeling in my chest, and then that's when I get nervous, (that's how it always starts)
  • epappas09
    epappas09 Posts: 50 Member
    Let me tell you, eating healthy (no fast foods, highly processed foods, high sugar foods and sticking to foods that are closest to their natural form aka a lot of fruit and vegetables) as well as a consistent work out schedule of at least 30min to an hour of heart rate increasing exercise (medium to high intensity) really does wonders for anxiety.

As you eat healthy and work out more and more, your body releases endorphins that seem to calm your nerves and allow you to obtain a new perspective towards the world around you. Give it a serious chance...it worked for me.
  • Ok, that sounds great! Thanks a lot to both of you for your help! :glasses:
    I'm gonna give it a try! :happy:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Hi Y'all! Um, as some of you read my blog, you'll know that I have an anxiety disorder as well as other disabilites, anyways, I go to work Friday and Saturdays, but I always seem to get nervous (I work in a kitchen (prep cook) my bosses and co-workers are extremely nice and always help me out, but I dunno, I just feel kinda bad that everytime I go in they comfort me and help me out, I mean, I know I have disabilities and I can't help it, but I just feel I dunno, ashamed? anyways, does anyone have any suggestions on how to relax while I'm at work? (I'm already on anxiety meds and I do the deep breathing) but it just seems that I panic really easily and then I have panic attacks, it's starting to happen at different places but more at work, Ugh! :cry: Sorry for all this ranting, I just needed to let it out! I have to work tomorrow and Saturday, but then I'm on Vacation for a few days (leaving monday) :love:

I know how you feel...I had anxiety a couple years back...it was awful..sometimes I still get symptoms..but you just have to learn to control them. Just keep telling yourself "I will not let anxiety run my life" that's what has helped me...well plus the lexapro I took...

Good luck!:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.