Anyone Using My Fit Bit

Options

Replies

• dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I have one, i think i read somehwere that its about 96% accurate...the only thing i found funny about it is that if its sitting (not being used) the calories still goes up!! found that to be very strange.

But I do like it for doing how many steps I have done.

The FitBit's calories burned counter includes those from your BMR. When you first wake up in the morning, check it and you'll see you've already burned a few hundred for the day. :smile:
  • f1ctional
    f1ctional Posts: 235
    Options
    I just got one yesterday and I am still not convinced this is right for me. I am not sure the accuracy of the tracking. I don't think me walking to the garage fridge and back is going to make or break my weight loss.
  • VioiletAgnes
    VioiletAgnes Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I bought one on ebay just yesterday; I can't wait to start using it!:love:
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I have one, i think i read somehwere that its about 96% accurate...the only thing i found funny about it is that if its sitting (not being used) the calories still goes up!! found that to be very strange.

But I do like it for doing how many steps I have done.

It counts your calorie burn throughout the day whether you walk or not. I love mine! It keeps me motivated. It does not count calories accurately for cardio exercise or other types of workouts. You have to manually add those to MFP yourself. But since most of my exercise comes from walking, it works for me. A very handy tool, indeed!
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I had mine since January 2012. It is a motivational tool to move more. I love it & find it very useful.
  • AngieCook09
    AngieCook09 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Now I want one even more!
  • dlwyatt82
    Options
    I just got one yesterday and I am still not convinced this is right for me. I am not sure the accuracy of the tracking. I don't think me walking to the garage fridge and back is going to make or break my weight loss.

It just helps you get a better estimate of your TDEE each day. That's what this is all about, figuring out your TDEE as close as you can manage, and planning your calorie intake based on that. There are probably people out there burning a few hundred calories more per day than they think they are, and not eating enough as a result. There's no shortage of posts on the MFP forums about why eating too little can screw with your weight loss.
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I love mine so much I went out and bought one for my husband.

Not 100% sure if it is accurate (or within 10%) but the steps and mileage and stairs climbed is really motivating.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    So it will automatically add to your calorie intake on MFP? I'm still a little confused about this product. It will take some getting used to.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for a couple of months. I think it is a very accurate pedometer (at least it is usually within .02 mile as compared to my treadmill). I like seeing how many days a week I actually hit 10,000 steps. I don't use all of the features, and I don't sync it here, as I only enter deliberate exercise at MFP.....like intentional walking and mowing.
    Kaye
  • dlwyatt82
    Options
    So it will automatically add to your calorie intake on MFP? I'm still a little confused about this product. It will take some getting used to.

Not your calorie intake, that's your food diary. It will add calories burned to MFP, though, by making a "FitBit calorie adjustment" entry in your cardio exercise diary. That happens if the FitBit says you've burned more calories than MFP expected based on what you entered in your fitness profile.
  • VanessaGS
    Options
    Thanks.
  • BexleyGirl
    BexleyGirl Posts: 102
    Options
    I can't tell you how much I love mine.....it keeps me moving all day. I LOVE it!
  • mazazy
    mazazy Posts: 1
    Options
    does anyone take pills for losing weight?
    im from Egypt
  • Dmaxsgirl
    Dmaxsgirl Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Okay, this may be a silly question... but where do you wear it? I've been looking into either a fit bit, body bugg, or a body media fit and I can't decide which one would be best.
  • dlwyatt82
    Options
    I use the little belt holster thing that came with the FitBit if I'm wearing a belt. When I'm wearing my cotton workout shorts with a drawstring, I just clip the FitBit to a pocket (it's U-shaped and pretty secure there).

I have noticed it slipping out of the belt clip a couple of times when getting into or out of the car, so be careful about that. I just reach down every once in a while to make sure it's still snug and pushed all the way in.
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I just got mine a few days ago but so far I love it. I have been doing extra things to get my steps up for the day, like when I am cleaning, instead of gathering all the things in a basket and dispersing them I get one at a time, take it to it's room and then come back, extra trips means extra steps, plus extra points on my earned it account!
  • VanessaGS
    Options
    Okay, this may be a silly question... but where do you wear it? I've been looking into either a fit bit, body bugg, or a body media fit and I can't decide which one would be best.

It comes with a wrist band and a clip. Some women prefer to clip it to their bra but I watched a video on YouTube where one lady said do to prespiration from her breasts it started to malfunction. I keep my clipped to my pocket and when I work out I'll use the wrist band.
  • dlwyatt82
    Options
    The wrist band is intended for when you're wearing it to bed and recording sleep patterns. I'm not sure how well it would work if attached to your arms instead of somewhere on your core, as your arm raising / lowering or swinging around might count as "steps and stairs" in some way.
  • Dmaxsgirl
    Dmaxsgirl Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your answers! :happy: