Is it ok?

TKelly06
TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I don't exercise everyday. 3 walking days on a bad week, 5 walking days on a good one. Each time for atleast an hour. Is it ok on the days that I don't exercise to eat 300 calories below the limit I gave myself of 1600? I want to make sure it is ok before I continue to do it. I wasn't sure if it would make me gain weight instead of losing it. Any input would be great! Thanks.

Replies

• leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    not sure i understand, what calories does mfp show you should consume daily? that's what you should be eating, then when you excercise you log that and you will see you have more calories for that day and you should eat those too or at least part of those.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    i'm not sure what your asking about but your ticker says you've lost 60 pounds already so clearly you must be doing something right.
  • So you're saying that you want to cut your calories by 300 on the days that you don't work out to attempt to compensate for not spending those calories in exercise?
    Your calorie goal is already set up (without exercise) for you to lose weight. It's already at a deficit. That's why you're supposed to eat your exercise calories back, and why it might not be the best idea to cut extra calories just because you didn't work out that day.
This discussion has been closed.