How do you remember to take your vitamins?

Options

Replies

• Nigerianebony
    Nigerianebony Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    put an alarm on your phone...pretty soon it'll just be natural. i know as it's what i had to do :)

That's what i did too. I keep my vitamins in my purse.
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    I log them in my diary. When I don't see it logged, I know I haven't taken 'em :wink:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I have 2 bottles of each - one at home, one at work.
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I put them right next to the *kitten* lotion.

Strike incoming?

CTFU
  • Kcham817
    Kcham817 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Unlike most of the posters, I take a vitamin shake every morning (can't swallow pills). It's a lil extra work but I take my two scoops with water before I head out the door. I feel the difference when I forget or don't take them.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    CTFU

Can someone PM me with what this one stands for? New one for me..
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Since I have to take rather a lot of supplements due to malabsorption syndrome thanks to gluten damaging my digestive system, I use a free app called Med Helper on my phone. That way I can schedule what I need to take and when, and the phone will alert me.
  • dotido
    dotido Posts: 49
    Options
    I have a mini fridge so i put it on top. When I lived back home I put it
    on the counter or on food I was going to eat for breakfast. Pack one in your bag or lunch too.
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I bring the bottle with me to work (and it never leaves my bag, except to take a dose).
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I set a reminder in my phone.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I put them right next to the *kitten* lotion.

Strike incoming?

LOL, only if the moderators know what "*kitten*" means. Not a common term on our side of the pond.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Incorporate into your routine. Also it helps to actually like the vitamins- find some that you don't mind the taste of... helps.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I got the kind that you can take on an empty stomach and I take them before bed, when I brush my teeth.
  • foxyhotgal
    foxyhotgal Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i log them in my diary and take them with breakfast, it soon becomes habit x
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I have never found the need to take vitamins as a health balanced diet sorts it for me
  • sammi402
    sammi402 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Well, I remembered just now cause I saw this post. I try to take them with my lunch, but it's a hit and miss deal with me.
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I log them in my diary. When I don't see it logged, I know I haven't taken 'em :wink:

^^this^^
  • hcglindsey
    hcglindsey Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i put them out the night before in a little cup next to my coffee maker .
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    i log them on mfp so any time i look at my food diary i remember to take them :)
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I have (2) pill boxes, cause I take more than just a vitamin. I keep one at work, right in front of my monitor (can't miss it) and the other on the microwave (because they were getting too damp in the bathroom). When I fix & breakfast (plus feed kitty) I see them, that box - (microwave) is only for weekends, but if I see it every morning, it drills in my head more.

As much as you hate cluttering up the counter, if you forget while they are tucked away, you need to put something visible out in the open to remind you to take them. If not the box or bottle, as some others have said, a bright colorful post-it note.