No Exercise?

Options
I'm just curious to see how many people are doing this without exercise? Is it working for you? I find the more I exercise, the more I *don't* lose weight. I think for me it's because I tend to eat more when I exercise, and maybe I don't have the deficit I think I do. I find that walking and simple calisthenics, combined with a reduced calorie diet is what works best for me.

What about you guys?

Replies

• Raddichio
    Raddichio Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I think walking and calisthenics are exercise, so I wouldn't say you were losing weight without exercise.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Diet is for weight loss, exercise is for fitness. When you exercise you need to eat more. Also it doesnt matter if you exercise or not but if you dont eat enough your body will hold onto the fat. Exercise, especially strength training will help preseve muscle and yoir metabolism.
  • h3mp
    h3mp Posts: 5
    Options
    Diet only, too lazy to exercise - working well so far :)
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    My loss has basically been diet only. I have exercised (treadmill) very, very little. I'm working on changing that because I need to take my loss to the next step. :)
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Exercise is important but any weightloss plan is 80% diet.
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    i know a lot of people that lose without exercise - sometimes more consistently too. it's all about your metabolism! i find sometimes i lose more when taking a break off exercise.. i'm pretty active during the day too, though. as you strain your body with over working it, it can cause hormones to get all outta whack, which is not a good thing! could be a reason as to why you lose when you're not working out!
    :heart:
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    My first 'go round' with dieting I hardly exercised EVER. I lost a good amount of weight on diet alone. Now I try to get in a bit of exercise every day...more for FITNESS than diet.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have lost weight with just diet alone, but I excersice because I want the endurance and more energy I gain from this.
  • kryscallarman
    kryscallarman Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Right now, I am doing light cardio (walking only) and some weight lifting.

I am too heavy to put more stress on my knees, waiting to drop another 10 lbs or so before I step it up in high gear (as requested by doc). He's saying, "light exercise is better than an injury"
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I actually think it is easier with exercise. I can still splurge keep track of everthing and still be well within my limits. Not to mention fo me it is a stress reliever, nice way to break up the day I look forward to it and I really like the way I feel when Im done.