Low calorie, low additive drinks

Options
missrat
missrat Posts: 37 Member
Other than water with a dash of lemon etc., please can anyone recommend a low-calorie drink to use in the day? I would prefer to reduce my intake of aspartame, and avoid saccharin etc. I'm not sure about the safety of stevia.

It appears that Sainsburys are either cutting back or running out of their flavoured still waters (which do contain aspartame) and I could only get sparkling apple and kiwi. This tastes as if it has never seen any fruit - an additive cocktail!

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I drink flavored Seltzer, I'm not sure if that is something you would like but it's worth a try!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Low calorie drink that's not water and has no aspertimeme? I don't think that exists.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Sure it does. I hope you like tea, because I love the TAZO zen blend cold on ice. Also, like chilled decaf coffee over ice with 1-2 mini moos (10 cals ea).

If I'm looking for a sugar fix, I'm going to grab the crystal light, don't drink it often, but it makes me feel like I'm cheating. I like feeling like I'm cheating :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • drumsrevolver
    Options
    I drink either herbal or fruit teas - Twinings do a good fruity selection, or mornings I have a couple of slices of ginger root in hot water - which is nice and warming.

Also Bottlegreen which is sold in Sainsbury's and Tesco etc do good quality, no additive fruit cordials that really pack a punch! They do have sugar but you only need a teeny bit as the flavours are so strong. I really like their elderflower one and the ginger and lemongrass one. As I'm a bit of a ginger-freak I add chunks of ginger root to this one and leave it in the fridge .. then it gets so gingery it gives me tongue-burn!

I also like Tesco High-Juice in blackcurrant which is 50% concentrated fruit juice - nice both hot or cold.
  • missrat
    Options
    Yes, the herbal teas are a great idea, also the Bottlegreen, which I had forgotten. Thank you.
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Try cooling mint tea. It is really great. I also made mint tea with seltzer water - that was AWESOME!

I like making a strong eat - chamomile, green, hibiscus, etc. and just throwing in some ice. it is good, low cal (or no cal), and fairly healthy.
  • missrat
    Options
    I'm doing various fruit teas etc. now.