jillian michaels is boring

Options

Replies

• Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    guess it depends on your personality. I love her dvds. I'm a little less concerned with their personality as much as I am with the quality/variety of the workout I'm getting. I own about 7-8of her dvds. The only ones I don't have are the beginner ones. So these probably are better.
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I do find her quite irritating on the 30 Day Shred, but I just mute her and play my music. I find her so serious, I can understand that it may appeal to some people, just not me. For my personality, I find Tony Horton's approach, a bit more fun with a few 'jokes' thrown in and he also focuses on form and doesn't make you feel guilty for taking a break or doing a modified move. Just personal opinion.
  • windycyndi
    windycyndi Posts: 1
    Options
    I like No More Trouble Zones. It's very fast-paced.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Workouts = Good

JM = Trying Too Hard To Be Macho

I have plenty of her DVDs though. After a couple run through where I dont need her explanation to do the move properly, she voice goes off and my music goes on ;)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    MUTE + MUSIC
  • cj0327
    cj0327 Posts: 3
    Options
    Yeah...it gets boring, you're right, but they work! We have tried making it a joke by imitating what she is saying in different voices or adding a few things to what she is saying. I would think doing any DVD repetitively would be boring. I can't stand the ones with the little "perky" voices either. Doing the moves with your favorite music is also good. Great that you're just doing it!
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian! I had lost 41 pounds back in 2010 before getting pregnant with my 2nd child because of doing her DVD's. I did them 5 days a week.
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't care for Jillian too much but the 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 are both good. I don't find her boring so much as annoying. But I muddle through it because she does get results and the videos are relatively short so and I can fit them in before work in the mornings.

If you're worried about not liking a video and that prevents you from buying it, check out www.collagevideo.com. They have clips of the videos that you can watch so that you know what you're getting when you buy them.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    MUTE + MUSIC
    Part of what make these DVDs successful is the subliminal messaging provided within the soundtrack. You are doing yourself a disservice my muting the sound.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    MUTE + MUSIC
    Part of what make these DVDs successful is the subliminal messaging provided within the soundtrack. You are doing yourself a disservice my muting the sound.

Wanna make me a mixed tape with your own special subliminal messages??
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Jillian is not boring.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I have the dvd "jillian michaels for beginners", which I got a while back. It has 6 interval training circuits, and the one I tried was a good workout, just incredibly boring. White background, no music, a lot of talking but it was like I was eavesdropping on a conversation. I don't need a fireworks show and an overly peppy trainer, just a bit of personality.

My question is, are all her dvds the same thing? I've heard about and seen pics of great results using 30 Day Shred, but is it just as bland?

30-Day Shred has that crappy generic workout video music, but the background is a fitness studio. But, yeah, boring. I have to talk myself into it every time and I hate every minute (though it's effective). I've given up on it and just hit the gym for 30 minutes a day for weights and then do my cardio usually outside.
  • StephL0711
    StephL0711 Posts: 141
    Options
    honestly i am always too busy working hard to pay attention to the music, but her crazy rants sometimes help so much when i feel i cant go any longer, she makes me laugh.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Yeah... I only have 30 day shred and I found that one too boring to finish. I only got through 10 days of level 1 and 5 of level 2 before quitting. I got no more trouble zones which I don't think is boring, but I don't do it because I'm doing P90X instead. Jillian Michaels workouts are a lot of low weight/high rep stuff and I find that boring in itself.
  • patriciaannbibo
    patriciaannbibo Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Try to vary her Dvd. Fat blasting Metabolism booster, No trouble zones , six pack abs. yoga melt. There pretty fast pace.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're more bored with the workout? Try 30DS or No More Trouble Zones. I started with NMTZ, it's an hour long, and I loved it. I saw almost immediate results as far as new muscle growth. Inner thigh muscles, helllerrrr! :happy:
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    have you tried turbofire?! I've tried 30DS before and didn't last more than a week...
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    i love her...but I have earphones on...IDK..I would classify her as a bad *kitten* butt kicker...not boring!
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I loved JM for getting me back in shape. loved her then I bought Body Revolution. INCREDIBLY TOO EASY for me. What a waste of money. I burned 150 calories in 30 minutes and barely got my heart rate up. thought it was just the level so I skipped 2 weeks and moved up. Still too easy. I can do better with walking.
  • kaylurzz
    kaylurzz Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have her Yoga Meltdown video and love it. It has a really good pace considering it is yoga, and not boring at all.