AGAIN???

euphoria11
euphoria11 Posts: 49
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I go over my protein and fiber EVERYDAY!!!
No matter what I do, I go over.
Today, my protein was 100.
I burned a little over 500 calories today... but I am over on protein by 37, and fiber by about 14.

I know I keep posting about fiber and protein, I am just afraid that going over on these will hinder my weightloss. I don't fully understand what there functions are when it comes to weightloss.

I ate pretty well today...
cereal with 1% milk for breakfast, apple for snack, grilled chicken breast and greens for lunch, sugar free pudding for snack and grilled chicken salad for dinner.

??
Is this wrong??
Help!

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    protien and fiber = good

no worries!:flowerforyou:
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    I have the same problem. I think that since both fiber and protein are good for you, it's better to be over on those than fat or carbs (but sometimes it is okay to go over on carbs). It sounds like you ate really healthy today, so I'd say there's nothing to worry about.
  • AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    I do exactly the same, and I like it that way, fibre and protien are good, they make you feel fuller for longer!:wink:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    protein good ... fiber good ... coca-cola bad ... oops, I said it! :laugh:
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    I go over my protein and fiber EVERYDAY!!!
    No matter what I do, I go over.
    Today, my protein was 100.
    I burned a little over 500 calories today... but I am over on protein by 37, and fiber by about 14.

I know I keep posting about fiber and protein, I am just afraid that going over on these will hinder my weightloss. I don't fully understand what there functions are when it comes to weightloss.

I ate pretty well today...
    cereal with 1% milk for breakfast, apple for snack, grilled chicken breast and greens for lunch, sugar free pudding for snack and grilled chicken salad for dinner.

??
    Is this wrong??
    Help!
    Fiber and protien are good for you. I think you can adjust your protien and fiber allotments in your food diary. That way, you can't go over. :flowerforyou:
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    I second (and third, fourth, and fifth) that protein + fiber = good . Don't sweat it :happy:

exercise.png
  • euphoria11
    euphoria11 Posts: 49
    Thanks everyone!!

That makes me feel much better!:bigsmile:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    "Adding more protein but not more calories or exercise to your diet won't help you build more muscle mass, but it may put your other bodily systems under stress.

Eating more protein and increasing total caloric intake while maintaining the same exercise level will build an equal amount of additional fat and muscle mass, according to a study published in 1992 in the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society."

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=50900

________

There are a lot of links that say that too much protein is bad for you in one way or another, but who knows...you can find an article (or 1000) to back up just about any claim. :)
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    "... it may put your other bodily systems under stress. "

That may be true but 100g isn't going to do it for a healthy adult.
This discussion has been closed.