Do you have a cheat/break from counting day?

Options
I’m following the LOSE 1 lb per week setting which is fine from Monday –Friday but when it comes to Saturday and Sunday I overdue it and end up losing ½ pound a week instead of 1. I was wondering if I switched to LOSE 1-1/2 lb per week and continue with my two cheat days would I still lose 1 lb per week. Does anyone else have a cheat day?

Replies

• JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Nope. Never did.
  • PolacaFL
    PolacaFL Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Wow Juwaack! You lost 100lbs! That's awesome! :)
  • spekkio12345
    spekkio12345 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Even on the "cheat" days (or whatever you want to call them), you should still count, especially in the beginning. If you want to go over you calories, then go over but the habit of never eating a darn thing without tracking it will greatly increase your chances of success.
  • elli0702
    elli0702 Posts: 16
    Options
    I agree. The weeks I count calories on weekends are the only weeks I lose weight. I'm up 3 lbs this month due to not counting my calories the last several weekends, so I definitely recommend not getting into the habit of cheat days. I would be so much farther along than I am if I just counted my calories those two days a week.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I count every day...even cheat days...I recorded a 5000 cal day saturday...was pretty fun to record...
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    No, but I do take weeks off from time to time.

A weekly cheat day didn't work to well for me.
  • Italianyc84
    Italianyc84 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Definitely still log, especially at first. I don't like the term "cheat days", but yes, there are some days when I do stray off the course...My calories tend to be on the lower end (1200) so I do take periodic "breaks" to break things up...last week I ate around 1500-1800 all week...this week I will eat around 1400...eventually I'll bring it back down to 1200...just have to mix it up a bit!
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Yep, I agree...have you a cheat day once a week or so but always log it. Wow Mercenary! I'd say I was a little over 4,000 myself Friday night haha!
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    ive never had a cheat day. i have treats, but only if they fit in my calories for the day.
  • jessicas0215
    Options
    I don't do well with cheat days....
    Mostly because they turn into cheat weeks and so on....
    I'd rather just go for a run to earn calories for a treat that I want.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday is cheat day for me. I always log it and try to stay within the caloric goal set, but that doesn't always happen. Regardless, having one day off per week doesn't wreck your progress. Its having several of those days all the time that does!
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I have cheat days (or weekends sometimes when I travel) but I always log whatever I eat....
  • babutkiewicz
    Options
    I don't think of it as cheat day, sometimes I don't even count everyday. The whole idea behind counting is that you are aware of what you are putting in your body. It's all about making the right decision. If one day you are a few over it's ok some days you may be a few under. Work on changing your mind set on eating healthy. Don't think of low cal as a punishment it is really a reward to your body. A treat is good for you but not a cheat. Go with a treat not a cheat!
  • abbie72003
    abbie72003 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've been finding it helpful to "save" calories for the weekend so I can indulge just a little more. I go by my weekly intake rather than daily intake and it's been working for me. It takes time to find the routine for the weekend that works for you, finding the balance with food portions, going out with friends and family, etc. I've learned to indulge but in moderation.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Wow Juwaack! You lost 100lbs! That's awesome! :)

Thanks! :smile:
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    I count every day...even cheat days...I recorded a 5000 cal day saturday...was pretty fun to record...

^^THIS
  • treatingmybodyright
    treatingmybodyright Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Don't let the weekends blow all of your efforts during the week. I think it's good to count everything, even on days when your diet isn't so stellar--you have to stay accountable.

I also have done better setting my calories closer to maintenance so that I don't have to starve myself on days I don't workout or worry about going over if I do eat a heavier meal than usual. If I'm going to "splurge," I try to eat less during the day so I'm still within my calorie range. Also, with my calories set higher (around 1750), I can get a more realistic sense of my calorie deficit over a week's time rather than stressing over each and every day (I can't see your diary, so I don't know what your calories are set to).

Good luck!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I count everything, even the ugly! It helps to keep me in check. I figure if I didn't count it I would be even more likely to over indulge. Stay with what you are doing!
  • toshie333
    toshie333 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I log some exercise calories throughout the week if i know i want a more relaxed day at the weekend. eg i burn off an extra 100 calories each day during the week and dont eat those back so i have 6days x 100 cals = 600 calorie net defecit for the week which i can eat on sunday if i have a day out or family over etc,... but i still log the cals i eat so if i go over, i work them additional calories off in the gym the following day.
  • LexieeLovee
    LexieeLovee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yep, I cheat every Saturday.. Eat w.e I want that day I log it and I'm right back to eatting right the next day.. Helped me lose 19 lbs these far and it's only been a month .. There's nothing wrong with 'cheating' if you don't you'll crack haha Plus why not reward yourself 1days after all the workouts and days at work during the week?
    It's just 4days a month.. It takes controll to get back on track but if I can do it and get fantastic results.. So can you :)