GRRRR Nike+

Options
msarro
msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
So, tonight I went for my speed run, and I was surprisingly strong throughout. I know I shaved at least a few seconds off my mile time. So, I get to the end landmark, slow to a walk to cool down, and pull out my ipod. I hit the menu button, and my ipod suddenly resets. Once it comes back on, I check the nike+ history - no run. Grrr! All I want is to know my darn time!

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Do you enjoy your nike+ ipod stuff? I just got an iphone that has nike+ already set up, but you need the running shoes too, right? How does that all work? I'm intrigued.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Buy the sensor, ignore the shoes. Nike shoes suck (imho). I duct tape my sensor on to a pair of brooks shoes that fit me great.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    You don't need their shoes (though I ended up with them the last time I bought running shoes). You do need a sensor to send data to the iPhone though. You put that in the shoe or you get a little pouch to tie it to your laces (I did that for my prior pair of shoes).

I like the Nike+ but mostly for the challenges. I wish I could figure out how to get my Nike+ to record the pace for each interval when I do interval workouts. Right now I end the workout and begin another one and that's a bit of a pain. Especially when I forget to restart it and lose the middle part of my workout!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Where can I buy just the sensor? Is it expensive?
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Does the sensor tell how far you have run?
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    The sensor talks to the iPhone or iPod Touch and that displays how far you've run and your pace and time.

You can buy the sensor alone for around $20. There is a kit that also has a receiver (necessary to use it with the iPod Nano) for around $30.

Check out www.nikeplus.com and it will explain everything.
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    I saw them at, Sports Authority and Sports Chalet. try any large local sports store, they are very popular.
  • AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I just bought a nike sensor kit on ebay! Yay, I can't wait to start logging up some distance!:laugh: