What occasion or holiday do you fear most? (Food-wise)

Options
BrendaLee
BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
I know summer has just begun, but I'm already wondering what I'm going to do at Halloween. It's tradition for my daughter and I to go trick-or-treating, and then eat it all up in a day. SCARY. I guess no trick-or-treating for us this year!

Replies

• jcope001
    jcope001 Posts: 5
    Options
    my birthday is coming and I have a week of vacation,that is the worst time for me,I can stay on track untill I get bored at home, and then it's munchie-time. I guess I will spend more time at the gym.:grumble:
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    vacations are what scare me the most. i'm out of my routine, plus healthy alternatives are much harder to come by. we end up eating out for almost every meal and its much difficult to find the time, place, and motivation to exercise.
  • slimmingmom
    slimmingmom Posts: 297
    Options
    You should still go trick-or-treating :sad: Lol...just only go to like 5 places or so and don't eat the candy. You can give it all to some kid or somthing. Lol...idk! Trick-or-treating is just fun with kids!!!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I think mine is probably Christmas. But mostly because it seems to last an entire MONTH with multiple events, treats and parties.
  • darthkatalyst
    Options
    er.. post-deployment scares me.. when my man is home he's the junkfood KING. and i am so scrapped for time that i grab whatevers easiest and on base (the PX closest to his room sells mostly like hotpockets and cupanoodles..). so i'm already planning that when he comes home i'm bringing bananas, nuts, and all kinds of healthy stuff down to base so my progress doesnt unravel! :frown:
  • verifire
    verifire Posts: 44
    Options
    I know summer has just begun, but I'm already wondering what I'm going to do at Halloween. It's tradition for my daughter and I to go trick-or-treating, and then eat it all up in a day. SCARY. I guess no trick-or-treating for us this year!

you can change your tradition to what my mom did -- see if you can make your halloween candy last until next halloween. we were champion trick-or-treaters, so we got to eat a good amount that night, but after that, we could have about a piece a day and just about draw it out to next halloween :)

i also noticed that my local grocery store is collecting non-perishables for charity. since so many people are jobless this year, you might inspire your daughter to eat some of her candy, but "share" the majority with those who can't afford to stock their pantries with staples, let alone treats! that way, she can feel good about the sacrifice she makes.
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving is the start to it, and then the entire month of December is filled with Christmas activities involving tons of horribly bad food. That's the hardest for me!
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    The Amerikan holiday that is tomorrow scare me most. It have loud explosions. I eat more food when I scared.

Haha, you're kidding, right? :laugh:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Christmas for sure ... so many family gatherings ... so many dinners ... YIKES!! Yummy ... mmmm ... stuffing ... I'm drooling!!!:ohwell: