Breakfast foods

Options
So I am always eating the same thing for breakfast and am getting sick of it. I don’t have much time in the morning, but I do have a microwave in my office I could use once I get to work. Any Good ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Replies

• lpeace2u
    lpeace2u Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Individual baked oatmeal - I got the recipe off of pinterest (you can google it). The recipe said it made 18 but I got 24 out of it. They were about 140 calories a piece and they freeze great. Take one out of the freezer on the run out the door and pop it in the microwave at work. They are delicious warm.
  • kimdoes
    kimdoes Posts: 90
    Options
    I have a newly found love for greek yogurt. I usually eat one of those in the morning. The kind I get is packed with protein and nonfat. I eat this around 10:30am with a cup of coffee or water and it holds me off until lunch.
  • k80mac
    k80mac Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    eggs and turkey bacon are my go-to's. sometimes with whole wheat, sometimes w/o. I throw some texas pete on the sandwich to add some zing. LOL
  • wvfrog22
    wvfrog22 Posts: 44
    Options
    Muffin in a mug is AMAZING!
    It's made with flax. If you've not had flax before it will take a hot minute to get used to.

1/4 cup ground Flax Meal
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1 packet Splenda (I don't even add this)
    1 teaspoon or so of cinnamon
    1 Egg
    Melted butter (some recipes vary...I usually go with about 1 teaspoon)

You mix all of this in a coffee mug and zap in the microwave for 1 minute. You can cut it up and add some topping like peanut butter, etc. I just eat mine as is.

It is very filling and has a ton of fiber.

I am trying to stay away from carbs so I had to find an alternative to my bagel. I also like it better than the greek yogurt because I only like the flavored and they have too much sugar.

I've also heard people using cocoa powder instead of cinnamon and drizzling a bit of hershey's syrup on top.

Oh, you can also smash up fruit and put in before microwaving. You just might need to cook it a wee bit longer.

I hope you try and enjoy!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Get some eggs or egg substitute like Egg Beaters, turkey bacon, Sara Lee 90 calorie english muffins, and some shredded cheese or salsa You can make eggs in a microwave if you don't have a stove available.. Make a bacon, egg, and cheese muffin!
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I make these egg muffins ahead of time. They are carb free and delish! Crumbled turkey bacon, cheddar cheese, and eggs scrambled. Put in silicone muffin pans. Bake. I freeze them in baggies. Let a bag thaw in the fridge over night, zap in micro in the am. I got the rdcipe off kalynskitchen.com. one of my fave low carb recipe sites.
  • craniallili89
    craniallili89 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If you drink coffee what i love is having one slice of wheat bread, one tablespoon of peanut butter with jelly the goobers one, and slices of banana. Really great and sweet treat. Sometimes i switch it up and use cottage cheese with jelly. A tablespoon of what you use.
  • kathdela
    kathdela Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    What I've done is a big 'ol thing of iced coffee. (I cold brew my own so it has way less calories and sugar than if I bought it, and it;s cheaper) and either 2 cups of sliced strawberries, 2 cups of grapes, a thing of greek yogurt, or a hard boiled egg or two as I run out the door. I don't have much time to prepare my breakfast in the morning either, and generally try to make it quick to eat as well.
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Maybe try some protein shakes or smoothies? These really fill me up. :)
  • chrissyrn04
    chrissyrn04 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I alternate between these go to meals

- 4 scrambled egg whites with some tabsco sauce on top of a dry piece of wheat toast

-homemade oatmeal with cocoa powder and berries made the night before - taste good cold or warmed up

- greek yogurt with berries and bran flakes

- protein shake with a banana, pb2 and spinach. I keep a small blender at work.
  • HappilySingle
    HappilySingle Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My new favorite is oatmeal. Basic Quaker Old-Fashioned oatmeal (1/2 cup with 1 cup water) Microwave for 2 minutes...Then I add either 1/2 cup of pineapple chunks or 1/2 cup of canned peaches....Ymm And I'm not normally an oatmeal person
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Get some eggs or egg substitute like Egg Beaters, turkey bacon, Sara Lee 90 calorie english muffins, and some shredded cheese or salsa You can make eggs in a microwave if you don't have a stove available.. Make a bacon, egg, and cheese muffin!

Add a slice of avocado to this and you have my breakfast :) I microwave the eggs in a large mug and it's perfectly english muffin size. YUM
  • mcg6242
    mcg6242 Posts: 84
    Options
    Thank you everyone, these all sound great and I will have to try some soon. Thank you again!