I have made a Promise to my Wife and I will keep it.

Options
I have been on a diet since 2/3/12 when I went to the Doctor's office and their scale weighed me in at 399lbs, the biggest i have ever been. I have had an irrational fear of 400lbs, a feeling the if i crossed that mark i would not be alive much longer, stragne i know but when i saw that i freaked out a lot. Since then i have dropped 33lbs and I am down to 366lbs, but i have not been giving it 100%. I know if i gave it 100% I would be doing a lot better. I still sneak fast food, and the occasional bag of chips but no more. Saturday was my breaking point. I got my family up at 4:30 to go fishing and we stopped for gas. I walked into the gas station and without even realizing what i did i picked up 2 breakfast burritos, 300 calories each, not healthy at all. I got in the car to leave and had the burritos which of course upset my wife since we had yogurt & granola in the car for breakfast, It lead to the day starting off with an argument. I mean how can i explain that i pick them up without thinking. After driving in the car for 45 mins in silence my wife broke down and started crying, she too has been dieting and has been giving it 120%, working out twice a day, watching what she eats, only drinking water and she is doing wonderful. She has lost 23lbs in 2 months. When we work out in the evenings together she goes 100% for the entire workout I am ususally on running at 55-60%, but NO more. I made a promoise on that Saturday morning that I will give it 100% everyday, and I started out on Sunday getting up and working out for 1 full hour (usually on Sunday's I do not workout at all.) I will continue to give it 100%, for my wife, my kids, and myself.

Replies

• NeoOwnz
    NeoOwnz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    working out together is the best you both can do. Motivate each other, remind each other this is for both your health. Remember one step at a time.
  • cask16
    cask16 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Everyone slips up sometimes - it sounds like you two have a great supportive attitutde for each other - stick with it!
    It's great to hear of couples who are keeping each other on track x
  • PolacaFL
    PolacaFL Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It's the mindless eating that gets us all. Its good you have eachother for support! Focus on a day at a time, staying within your calories. It will feel less overwhelming that way.