Best Exercise for Weight Loss

Options
What would you recommend in terms of exercise for weight loss? Please include timings and how many times per day/week. x

Replies

• michelechavez
    Options
    Whatever activity you enjoy doing and will do on a regular basis. If you pick something that you don't enjoy, you won't continue.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Keeping a food diary, daily
  • Lmaass1
    Lmaass1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    HIIT, walk for 3 min, run for 5, walk for 3, etc. it's really good for losing fat!
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Whenever you're about to eat something that doesn't function for your macros or that would cause you to go over your daily calories, put it down and walk away from it. Do reps to failure.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    What ever you like and willing to stick with for the long term~
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    What most of these replies are trying to say is - weight loss isn't about exercise, it's about food. No matter how much you exercise, if you don't learn to eat healthier foods in proper portions, you won't lose the weight. Start with tracking your food and making that a habit, then worry about getting physcially fit through exercise.

As far as WHAT exercise, I agree with michelechavez - whatever it is that you enjoy, that you know you'll stick with long term, do that. Walk, run, bike, hike, go to the gym and take various classes, strength train...and no need to pick just one, try and do them all if you like!
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Whatever works for you. I lost 60 pounds in five months using just the recumbent bike (because it's all my body would allow me to do). Now I'm obviously more mobile and can do other things, but don't let someone tell you that one thing in particular will 'do the job'...it's about commitment and going balls to the wall, so to speak.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Variety.
  • makdeniz
    makdeniz Posts: 28
    Options
    Thank you. x
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with posters who said "whatever you will continue doing" after you have lost the weight. I've been a yo-yo dieter for years ..... but to MAINTAIN weight loss I need regular exercise .... forever.

If you're just starting here are some tips:

For free/cheap starters .... local library, Netflix streaming, Netflix rental, Hulu.com This will give you some "practice" workouts without spending a lot of money

Collagevideo.com have VERY comprehensive reviews of DVD workouts. Video clips, list of equipment needed, impact level, intensity level. I don't buy workout DVDs without checking here first

Look for a gym "trial" membership. See if this is for you. If nothing else, you can try out equipment before buying.

Good luck!