Do not give up!

Options
When I graduated from High School, in 2000 I weighed between 175- 180 pounds. I was working in a retail store where I had to be on my feet, constantly walking around and other than that I did not exercise and found it to be plain boring. However in 2006, I began working in an office that involved sitting in front of a computer for 8 hours with the additional visits to the vending and soda machines and that’s when I noticed the weight start to pile up…

Around August - September of 2010 I was weighing in at about 230 pounds. I was around a size 38 in waist in jeans. One morning when I was putting on my work pants I noticed they were very tight around my waist. I had to borrow my brother’s pants and he was a size 40 in waist. After that I decided I had to do something about this weight now, because if I didn't it would just keep piling on.

About that time I began to not eat so much fast food. If I did eat fast food I wouldn't order french fries or regular soda. I would drink water or diet soda. I ate more home cooked meals and I visited the gym a few days during the week. Mostly cardio walking and running while I was at the gym. Last summer my loving and gorgeous girlfriend and I began to walk and jog and not eat out at restaurants as often as we did. My brother's wedding was in October of last year and we each had a goal weight we wanted to achieve by that wedding. We both achieved are goals and we both felt great about it.

It may seem like a long and stressful road, counting calories, exercising but if you keep at it the pay off at the end is well worth it.

Replies

• PolacaFL
    PolacaFL Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a LIKE button for these posts :wink:
  • NeoOwnz
    NeoOwnz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    :wink: I agree
  • PolacaFL
    PolacaFL Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Repost this :)
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! It definitely does not happen over night. Kudos to sticking with it and meeting your goals.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. It is definitely helpful, especially "We set our goals and we both achieved them". That made me smile :)

Happy Friday. Continued success with your health. :flowerforyou:
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Great Job!!
  • pinkupooh
    pinkupooh Posts: 155
    Options
    Yes, I wish there was a like button. I love your story. Thanks so much for sharing, I am going to hang in here. I do think it will take me at least 1 yr to get to my 1st goal and then may be 1 more year to get to my ultimate goal. This time around I have made up my mind and going to look at it as a way of living rather than diet, so I am going to go back to the way I was eating previously....:)
  • jjswift
    jjswift Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to post. I fell off the wagon HARD over the past 2 weeks. I've been on the verge of giving up despite knowing how miserable I would be if I returned to my "old way" of life. It helps to be flat out reminded to just not give up!
  • NeoOwnz
    NeoOwnz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    :happy: Thank you all for the replies