Heart Rate Monitor.....

Options
13»

Replies

• ShaunaLaNee
    ShaunaLaNee Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have always used Polars. They are accurate, reliable, sturdy and have been in the business for many, many years. You don't need all the bells & whistles included in the fancier models. No matter what you decide, I wouldn't bother with one that doesn't include a chest strap.

I agree without a chest strap, forget it. I would SAVE or look for a used POLAR, it's worth the money. I got one on sale for 100 on amazon. I would rather spend 50 more and get something that is accurate and that I can use for years.
  • chris1529
    chris1529 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :) I'm going to look into a Polars and definitely one with a chest strap!
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    I have always used Polars. They are accurate, reliable, sturdy and have been in the business for many, many years. You don't need all the bells & whistles included in the fancier models. No matter what you decide, I wouldn't bother with one that doesn't include a chest strap.

I agree without a chest strap, forget it. I would SAVE or look for a used POLAR, it's worth the money. I got one on sale for 100 on amazon. I would rather spend 50 more and get something that is accurate and that I can use for years.

eww.
    Im not a germaphobe or anything.. but a used heartmonitor is like a used jockstrap.
    The chest band sits there in your sweat...soaking it up (it needs the moisture for the electrical contacts).

a used one would be nasty. lol
  • chris1529
    chris1529 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Just got the Polars FT4 today. I'll let you know how I like it! :)