How can I get rid of the flab?

Options
Ok so I've been on this weight loss journey for nearly a year! I've lost 4 stone and loads of inches. Have completed 30 day shred and 6 week 6 pack, joined the gym a month ago to up the ante a bit. I can feel my muscles somewhere under there I just cant see them. There's this layer of flab all over me. Stomach hips and inner thigh are the worst culprits. I just don't know what I can do to get rid other than what I'm doing, but obviously this isnt working! I'm a typical pear, my arms are toned, not much back fat, my bottom half just has a mind of it's own and nothing is budging. I do Zumba once a week and twice a week will do half an hour on the cross trainer, 20 minutes on the bike and some rowing/arm machines. My gym has no lower body strength machines as it's very male oriented so basically just has benches, free weights and arm machines. Any tips on what I can do to get rid of the flab???

Replies

• stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    have you tried turbofire? It's supposed to be great for the mid section! I have the same problem right now too. It uses HIIT which is great for fat burning.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Use the free weights for squats, deadlifts and lunges.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I am also looking for tips! I suffer from the exact same areas, and truly hope in the last bit of loss left before I hit my goal that my body attacks those areas. Good luck to you, and I hope to see some good responses to help us!!!
  • Ofm05
    Ofm05 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You need to do a 50-30-20 diet.

50% Protein 30% Crabs 20% fat.

That will get rid of the fat. P90X also uses this diet to get rid of fat.

Stick with lean meats and get good crabs in your body from good foods.

80% of losing fat is the diet.
  • rcharlee
    rcharlee Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting seems to be what's lacking in your routine. You can buy things like kettle bells, or resistance equipment to use at home since your gym doesn't have much.
  • SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    cardio cardio cardio
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Go do free weights and barbells. Seriously. Those aren't just for guys. Lifting heavy weights really does work. I use free weights for lunges, barbell for squats and deadlifts. My tummy area really has started to shrink the most from doing strength training. When I did majority of cardio sure I lost weight but I still looked flabby. Now I am losing inches in all the right places. :)
  • stephm112
    Options
    Wow ok thanks for all your answers. I haven't tried turbofire or p90x because over here they're like £100 and there's no way I'd be able to afford that. I don't actually know many free weight exercises for my bottom half so may have to steal one of the personal trainers next time I go.

I've been on a low fat diet since starting (lots of chicken breast and veg) but it doesn't seem to be working anymore. Probably could increase my protein a bit though. Think I'm going to have the brave the scary free weights section and get squatting.

Thank you everyone :)
  • smileyface45
    smileyface45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Khadines
    Khadines Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Ofm05
    Ofm05 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You could also youtube some p90x workouts. Some people put them up.
    I would recommend doing Ab Ripper X and running. Every 2-3 days.

Increase the protein up for 28-30 days and then go back to normal so your body stays having to adapt.
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    CLEAN EATING, Diet is 80% of the journey. Clean up the diet and you will lose the fat. Toned muscle is nothing with a layer of fat on it.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    eat less and/or exercise more. What you eat doesn't matter near as much as how much you eat.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing exactly what you need to be doing. You're just not done yet. Keep up the great work!
  • stephm112
    Options
    You could also youtube some p90x workouts. Some people put them up.
    I would recommend doing Ab Ripper X and running. Every 2-3 days.

Increase the protein up for 28-30 days and then go back to normal so your body stays having to adapt.

Ooh thank you I will get youtubing :)
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    INSTANTY works for me...focuses on toning lower and upper body....How i lost alot of my belly and cardio RUNNING seems to help 2:)
  • JLLemons
    JLLemons Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you're doing the right thing from a workout perspective...however...
    Make sure you're keeping track of how many grams of fat you each eat day. No more than 15-20% of your total calories should come from fat calories. You can eat either protein(lean of course) or carbs(pref. complex) in it's place, either 40/40, 30/50, or 50/30...it will suck at first because people are so use to those types of foods that have quite a bit of fat in them...but after a wk or so on that routine, it will be 2nd nature and you'll actually find yourself more full than you thought. (Personally, I had to make myself eat at times even though I wasn't hungry)
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JLLemons
    JLLemons Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Terrible advice...so if she eats 1500 calories of twinkies for her daily count, then it's ok?