Is my food diary OK?

Options
Will someone please have a look at my diary and see what you think? I am netting under 1200 calories after exercise and dont think this is enough but also feel like I am constantly eating - and dont see how I can be eating this much and losing weight!! I think I used to eat less and would put on weight! Just dont understand. Please any advice would be appreciated

Replies

• leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I don't know what to suggest hun cos you're eating 3 really healthy meals a day and netting 1300-2000 on average, I think just stick with it and keep working out and you'll see results :)
  • sophiesummerdiet
    sophiesummerdiet Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I cant see where else to add the food without it being a load of chocolate ha! Which would be great but not particularly healthy. Added the cheese breadsticks and snack a jacks today in the hope of boosting the calories a little. Just dont want to be too under. Am at work tomorrow as well whcih will burn more calories teaching all day!!
  • leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Haha i love chocolate and have at least a taste everday! Only thing i can think of is add healthy but calorific things like nuts?!
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking water?

I think I see a sweet tooth here?

How about more fruit? What is a hula hoop?

The more you starve the body the harder to lose weight, that's why we need to eat healthy. ☺
  • sophiesummerdiet
    Options
    I am indeed guilty of a sweet tooth! Just cant resist and know if I cut it out completely (which I've done before) I will fail and just get down about everything. A hula hoop is a crisp in the UK!

I am drinking water (always forget to log that!)

I eat at least 4 of my 5 a day from fruit usually but could try and add even more.

Nuts could also be a good idea or might try adding raisins. Just dont want to add too many carbs!
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Your diary looks fine. Are you losing weight?
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Try also tracking your sugars and sodiums and see if that gives you any indication.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    looks good to me
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    It looks to me that you are eating a nice variety of foods. From what I can tell, however, you might be a little high in the sodium department.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Sodium?
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Doesnt look like there is enough protein there IMO
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    You have only been logging for a week. You need to give it more time before you get frustrated with not seeing progress.

Also, to answer your question... Your diary looks ok but unless you're exercising like an animal, consuming 2000 calories a day will probably cause you to gain weight. Other than that I think your 1500-1600 calorie days look fine.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    It looks great to me! Hang in there
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    it looks great and healthy to me, as long as u losing weight and not too fast :)
  • sophiesummerdiet
    Options
    Thanks all - I weight 9 and a half stone at 5ft 4 and am aiming for 8 and a half stone. I try and go to the gym most days and burn around 350 calories a time. Am aiming for around a net of 1400 and hoping this will be OK. I know its only been a week - just want to know Im on the right track! All this talk of BMR etc is so confusing!!
  • sophiesummerdiet
    Options
    Oh and on the 2000+ calorie day I went out for dinner and was naughty so went to the gym for 2 hours after and burnt off the 978 calories I'd eaten at dinner to balance me out!